Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
n3jhv  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:22:47 AM(UTC)
n3jhv

Groups: Registered

Hi (and thanks!). I've got a Whirlpool quiet partner 1 dishwasher that fairly recently stopped getting the upper rack clean. Lower rack seems to clean OK. I've pulled out the middle spinner to verify it isn' full of stuff.

#1: How do I defeat the door interlocks so I can observe IF all the arms are getting water?

#2: If the lower arms spins, but the middle doesn't, and the feed tubes are not obstructed, any suggestions?

I'm wondering if it's the seal between the middle spinner and the feed point on the back wall of the dishwasher, but I don't see any evidence of a gasket or a way to seal them tightly-could I have pressure loss there? If I can at least observe them working, I may be able to spot something.

Thanks again!

Sid
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

n3jhv  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2008 3:45:58 PM(UTC)
n3jhv

anyone? ttt
n3jhv  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:06:17 PM(UTC)
n3jhv

OK, seemed to fix itself for a bit, now it's back. Removed bottom arm, feed tube running up the back, took the 4 torx screws off, took off the filter, cleaned out the gunk (not too much) that was under there, put it back together. Feed tubes also not obstructed.

Any suggestions???
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:12:55 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove the half round pump cover on the pump base and sponge out all the water. Turn the water off to the dishwasher, turn the dishwasher on, and verify the chopper turns by opening the door briefly. If turning, but the screen is clogged, replace it and the check valve in the bottom of the pump base next to the chopper.
Parts needed, chopper AP3039186, check valve, AP3152971
n3jhv  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 5:41:20 AM(UTC)
n3jhv

Thanks much Rich!