Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 10:53:03 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TX2110 Go to Quoted Post
What exactly is the water guide?

TX,

That's where the proper tech sheet comes into play.

At least that way, I could determine what it does and how it does it, so I can advise you properly.

:( :( :(
scooperfl  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:15:27 AM(UTC)
scooperfl

Groups: Registered

I have the exact same problem with a Samsung WF448AP.

Was this solved?
Where can I get a "tech sheet" with diagnostic testing instructions?

Recently, the fabric softener dispenser stopped working.
1) The softener in the cup remains undiluted, so no water is being added to the dispenser during the cycle.
2) The drawer is perfectly clean and I verified the siphoning action by adding water to the dispenser with a the cup. After adding water, it completely empties.
3) I verified that the water input screens are clean.
4) The machine is level, we have high pressure city water, and we used the hoses that came with the washer.
5) I took the top off the washer and verified the operation of the 5 solenoid valves. They do all work at various parts of the cycle.

By the way, regarding the "Guide Water": On examination, the water guide is a water chemistry sensor with 2 fixed silver plates in the cold water inlet stream-no diverter operation that I can see. It does not look like it would affect the dispenser operation. I am guessing it measures water hardness.
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:07:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: scooperfl Go to Quoted Post
I have the exact same problem with a Samsung WF448AP.

Was this solved?
Where can I get a "tech sheet" with diagnostic testing instructions?

Recently, the fabric softener dispenser stopped working.
1) The softener in the cup remains undiluted, so no water is being added to the dispenser during the cycle.
2) The drawer is perfectly clean and I verified the siphoning action by adding water to the dispenser with a the cup. After adding water, it completely empties.
3) I verified that the water input screens are clean.
4) The machine is level, we have high pressure city water, and we used the hoses that came with the washer.
5) I took the top off the washer and verified the operation of the 5 solenoid valves. They do all work at various parts of the cycle.

By the way, regarding the "Guide Water": On examination, the water guide is a water chemistry sensor with 2 fixed silver plates in the cold water inlet stream-no diverter operation that I can see. It does not look like it would affect the dispenser operation. I am guessing it measures water hardness.

Scooper,
Here is the manufacturers reccomended procedure to test the fill valves and the control board.

The tech sheet for your washer, should be attached to the removable back panel or attached to the side panel on the interior left wall. Otherwise, you'd need to contact the manufacturer.

SUBJECT: Testing the water valves and main board function.

SYMPTOM: A water valve is not working but it is unknown if the valve is the fault or the main board controlling the valve has a failure.

REPAIR: Procedure is as follows:
1. Unplug the connector of the suspected valve and measure the resistance across the terminals. Resistance should read about 1.14
&#911;. If this method fails to produce the bad valve proceed to step 2.
2. Place the machine into the Quick Test Mode by pressing the Spin Key, Soil Level
Key and Power Key at the same time with the machine turned off.
3. Press the Temp Key to turn on the valves. The sequence of valves for every press of the key is Pre Wash cold valve, Cold wash valve, Bleach Cold wash valve and Hot water valve.
4. Once the bad valve is identified remove a connector from a working valve and place it on the suspected valve. If the valve still does not function replace the valve. If the valve starts working the problem is the main board.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

scooperfl  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:46:05 AM(UTC)
scooperfl

The button combination you gave gets you to the test mode, but the valves do not operate the the button you specified (or any other). I will look for the spec sheet in the washer.
Joe / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:03:33 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: scooperfl Go to Quoted Post
The button combination you gave gets you to the test mode, but the valves do not operate the the button you specified (or any other). I will look for the spec sheet in the washer.

Scooper,

That would be best, your tech sheet will have more specific information for your washer, versus a general tech sheet, like the one I have.

:) :) :)
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2021 6:57:11 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have exactly the same problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply