Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GPG1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:34:19 AM(UTC)
GPG1

Groups: Registered

The buttons on Dish Washer are VERY hard to press to start the mach. For a while if I held then down, pressing very hard the the mach come on. It recently had "PF" blinking light, which I was able to reset but now even it I press and hold the buttons nothing happens.... It does not start...nothing lights up. What part do need?

Thanks
Glenn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceAssistant.com  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:43:11 AM(UTC)
ApplianceAssistant.com

Sounds like you may be dealing with two problems...
#1 the control buttons are bad and probably need to be replaced.
#2 (PF) means power failure...so ether your home lost power or possibly the electrical connection to the dishwasher is having problems. many dishwashers are direct wired (not on a plug) the wire nuts may have come loose. Make sure you turn the breaker off before you start poking around with a screwdriver.
Breaker Panel Basics
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 11:20:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GPG1 Go to Quoted Post
The buttons on Dish Washer are VERY hard to press to start the mach. For a while if I held then down, pressing very hard the the mach come on. It recently had "PF" blinking light, which I was able to reset but now even it I press and hold the buttons nothing happens.... It does not start...nothing lights up. What part do need?

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn,

Appliance Assistant, was most likely correct as far as the "PF" display, it seems you solved that particular problem.

As for the buttons, you have a printed circuit board with "mini" buttons mounted under the touchpad assembly, you may need that part

Part number: AP3564007
Part number: AP3564007

But before you replace the touchpad board, try this.

Dismantle the door(see below) disconnect the touchpad ribbon from the control board, clean the insertion end of the ribbon, and the connector on the control board with rubbing alcohol, and clean as best possible, allow a few minutes for the alcohol to evaporate then insert the ribbon and test for programming. If that fails order the touchpad printed circuit board.

Thanks and

Good Luck,
:) :) :)

1. Disconnect dishwasher from power supply.
2. Remove outer door panel (see Service and Disassembly section labeled
Door Panel).
3. Lay outer door panel face down on a protective surface.
4. Compress plastic retainers with a pair of pliers to release the electronic
control from carrier panel.
5. Lift control from mount.
6. With the control removed, pull protective shield back to free ribbon from
keypad assembly.
7. Remove two screws holding outer door reinforcement to outer door panel.
8. These screws also hold the door handle in place.
9. Do not drop door handle.
10. Remove this reinforcement to gain access to keypad assembly.

11. To install parts, reverse procedure.

DOOR PANEL

In order to access the electronic controls, the outer door panel must be removed from the door assembly.
1. Disconnect power from dishwasher.
2. The outer door panel is mounted to the inner door
panel by Phillips head screws .
3. Removing the outer door panel will expose sharp edges on the inner door panel.
4. Be sure to support outer door as screws are removed to prevent damage to outer panel and dishwasher.
5. Remove wiring harness from control and ground connection on door panel.

6. The outer door panel is disconnected.
twosomeca  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:42:36 PM(UTC)
twosomeca

How does one reset the machine when the PF light is blinking? I can't seem to find this anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by: GPG1 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks
Glenn

Edit: ok, I found that opening and shutting the door should do it. Well, that wasn't doing it. I've been having control panel problems with this machine for the last 2 or 3 years, and it is 5 years old. I slammed the door shut several times and the sensor finally picked it up. Able to wash again. When programming the wash, you can't track what you are doing on the machine. You have to closely pay attention to what you are doing. My wife was pushing a bunch of buttons on it last night as she was having trouble getting the machine to do what she wanted it to do. I don't know, but it is liked she temporarily jacked up the programming on it, so I hit the breaker on it to reset it. This led to the PF message, and I suppose I couldn't ditch it because of this control panel and sensor problem. Just by way of further example, the machine can't tell when the door is open or closed. You can run the dishwasher with the door open, for example. The cycle does not stop when the door is open and hasn't for years. You get no readout on the digital display pad except on rare occasion and depending on the position of the door (open, closed, barely touching, etc.).

Thanks again. Comments welcome.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 5:55:29 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: twosomeca Go to Quoted Post
How does one reset the machine when the PF light is blinking? I can't seem to find this anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Edit: ok, I found that opening and shutting the door should do it. Well, that wasn't doing it. I've been having control panel problems with this machine for the last 2 or 3 years, and it is 5 years old. I slammed the door shut several times and the sensor finally picked it up. Able to wash again. When programming the wash, you can't track what you are doing on the machine. You have to closely pay attention to what you are doing. My wife was pushing a bunch of buttons on it last night as she was having trouble getting the machine to do what she wanted it to do. I don't know, but it is liked she temporarily jacked up the programming on it, so I hit the breaker on it to reset it. This led to the PF message, and I suppose I couldn't ditch it because of this control panel and sensor problem. Just by way of further example, the machine can't tell when the door is open or closed. You can run the dishwasher with the door open, for example. The cycle does not stop when the door is open and hasn't for years. You get no readout on the digital display pad except on rare occasion and depending on the position of the door (open, closed, barely touching, etc.).

Thanks again. Comments welcome.

Glenn,

Now, it sounds like you've got a problem at the door switches and or wiring.

When you dismantle the control panel, and door , you'll be able to investigate the switches and wires as well.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply