Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DYN_BTR  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:02:56 AM(UTC)
DYN_BTR

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Your fridg got pretty hot, takes some time to chill down. You can try a shop vac on the condenser coils. Post back if freezer will not go below 10 degrees.

Several days have gone by and the refrigerator fresh food side is maintaing 37 to 40 deg F. Freezer side only at 32 but frozed food put in yester day that was solid is beginning to slowly thaw. Defrost heater came on in morning yester day and power draw increased to about 650 watts and turned off after about 10 minute whereupon the watt draw droped down to 120 to 125 with the compressor running. Cold air distribution fan at top of freezer runs and the cold are blows into Frig side ok.

Installed:

New Main control board.
Defrost thermostat in clip on evaporator coil.
One temperature thermister sensor in clip on evaporator coil.
One temperature thermister sensor in fresh food side at top left of box next to the cool air inlet cover.
Replaced door light switch for Frig door.
Dusted outside of condensor coil but can not get to back of coil nor inside coil. I can still see dust inside coil. Compressed air duster can dosen't remove dust inside coil very well. Vacuum cleaner only seems to work on out side on exposed side of coil. Brush bought at LOWEs for clean refrigerator coils can't reach back of coil either.

Compressor does seem quite hot but not enough to burn the hand.

Are there more temperature sensors in this ESS25XGMDWW Refrigerator?
Are there any more checks that I can make?
DYN_BTR  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:07:48 AM(UTC)
DYN_BTR

Originally Posted by: DYN_BTR Go to Quoted Post
Several days have gone by and the refrigerator fresh food side is maintaing 37 to 40 deg F. Freezer side only at 32 but frozed food put in yester day that was solid is beginning to slowly thaw. Defrost heater came on in morning yester day and power draw increased to about 650 watts and turned off after about 10 minute whereupon the watt draw droped down to 120 to 125 with the compressor running. Cold air distribution fan at top of freezer runs and the cold are blows into Frig side ok.

Installed:

New Main control board.
Defrost thermostat in clip on evaporator coil.
One temperature thermister sensor in clip on evaporator coil.
One temperature thermister sensor in fresh food side at top left of box next to the cool air inlet cover.
Replaced door light switch for Frig door.
Dusted outside of condensor coil but can not get to back of coil nor inside coil. I can still see dust inside coil. Compressed air duster can dosen't remove dust inside coil very well. Vacuum cleaner only seems to work on out side on exposed side of coil. Brush bought at LOWEs for clean refrigerator coils can't reach back of coil either.

Compressor does seem quite hot but not enough to furn the hand.

Are there more temperature sensors in this ESS25XGMDWW Refrigerator?
Are there any more checks that I can make?

I finally have been able to get the condensor coil fairly clean using compressed air from a duster can and vacuum cleaner.
Still the the freezer is not lower than about 33 to 32.
Before the defrost heater problem ice would form on back wall of freezer now can't get freezer cold enough to keep food.
What is involved in adding freon to a refrigerator?

Thanks for your past help.
richappy  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:16:28 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You need a refrigeration license to use refrigerant. Most likely, your system has developed a leak and the compressor is damaged by the air sucked in which is a (noncompressible)= new fridg time.
DYN_BTR  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 5:22:22 AM(UTC)
DYN_BTR

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
You need a refrigeration liscence to use refrigerant. Most likely, your system has developed a leak and the compressor is damaged by the air sucked in which is a (noncompressible)= new fridg time.

Is there a used refrigerator compressor market that can be tapped. I do understand that a licensed regeration profession would need to pump out any remain freon check for leaks and install replacement compressor and recharge with freon. This GE Eterna is only 8 years old and new compressors are around $600 plus installation fee.
richappy  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 7:03:06 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The times I have seen a GE compressor fail was due to ingestion of noncompresables, usually a evaporator leak. This costs an extra $150 plus more labor. Also, you don't want to use a used compressor due to the uncertainty of failure, and high labor cost.
Sorry, new fridg time.