Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimirod  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 12:48:20 PM(UTC)
jimirod

Groups: Registered

We have noticed a yellow stain in a streak near the top edge of the plastic control front panel where it covers the metal chassis behind. It appears to go deep into the surface like a burn but is smooth to the touch. Is there away to deal with this or what is causing it? The stain is directly under the Kenmore LaundryPlus Cover for both appliances, washer and dryer. We know it was not caused by a spill.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

v2k04  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 1:22:08 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Groups: Senior Expert

You know this is the second time I have heard this 1st time I was in the home and saw what you are describing But this was on the HE3 under the soap disp Drawer I figured it was the fabric softner or what ever she was washing with. But now after you mention it. The one thing I would suspect would be the coating they use on the electronics It's a real thick coating like hot glue it has a yellowish tint to it and it's pretty soft and spongy.Maybe it's getting hot and melting off the board. I'm just speculating here.
jimirod  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 1:32:00 PM(UTC)
jimirod

This stain is in the plastic and feels the same as the surface - it does look yellow and seems to penetrate the surface. It reminds me of a chemical burn or nicotine stain. We don't smoke but I see them on old furniture.
Regards, Jim
v2k04  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 1:34:43 PM(UTC)
v2k04

It could also just be the plastic turning color from the heat
jimirod  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:02:34 PM(UTC)
jimirod

yes I thought of that - I should be seeing a spread of this coloring as time goes on, so I should bring this up on the yearly checkup with the insurance program on these units.
Thanks,
Jim
v2k04  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:09:54 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Sears Protection agreements only cover cosmetics for the first year.
jimirod  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:48:59 PM(UTC)
jimirod

If the plastic continues to outgas and possibly cracks it could lead to other problems since the electronics are integrated into the cover plate. This would be a concern. I have seen this happen in an expensive toaster oven due to heat with raised plastic controls.
Hopefully this won't be the issue.
Jim
v2k04  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:55:40 PM(UTC)
v2k04

Just speaking from experience working as a Sears Tech over 10 years. But you might get a cool tech like I was and he'lll cover it for you don't let him bulls*** you and say he can't cuz he can if he wants to. WHen the customer was cool with me I was cool back when they came off with an attitude when I walked in the door bitchin pissin moanin. I don't do em any favors. Coffee and cookies always worked lol
jimirod  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:55:23 PM(UTC)
jimirod

Coffee and cookies sounds good - My Dad was always doing that back in the early 60's
Regards, Jim