Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
busted  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 12:18:09 PM(UTC)
busted

Groups: Registered

Have a 2.5 year old Kenmore front loading washer that works fine but does not do the high speed spin at the end of the wash cycle. Does this on ALL wash cycles. All of the water drains out and the pump is clear. Tried washing a few items and a normal load. Same results. I assume it is either the motor control board or the timer. Any way to determine which one it is?

Pretty sad for a washer that is just over 2 years old to have these kind of problems.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

busted  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:59:41 PM(UTC)
busted

I replaced the pump since it was very noisy and the water wasn't being pumped out sometimes. That did not make the washer spin though. I have ordered a new door latch and will have that in a couple of days. We'll see if that does it.

Update: Replaced the door switch and that fixed the problem. Don't jump to the conclusion that it is the motor control board. Have found several instances on other blogs where the door switch was the problem. Doesn't make sense but the switches are the problem.
Homerepairbob  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:21:12 PM(UTC)
Homerepairbob

I just had the Sears repairman here today. The problem is the motor control board. My washer is 1 month past the warranty (figures). You have a two year warranty on this part. The cost is going to be $293.00 which includes a one year warranty.
Homerepairbob  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:25:45 PM(UTC)
Homerepairbob

I have the some exact washer as you. I thought maybe it had to do with the wash pedistals. The repairman said it just wore out. Two people live in my house and we do three loads a week. What a poor return on my money for this machine.
damit  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:33:24 PM(UTC)
damit

We have a kenmore that does the same exact thing we replaced the timer because another forum told us to do so, still same problem Timer number 131801000. Good luck we have a new time we just paid 210.00 and still problem. If you need timer and it is the same part number contact me @ harleyguy2003@clearwire.net and we will give you a smoking good deal on a timer.
libertyappl  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:51:11 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

Just an FYI....this model of Kenmore is made by Frigidaire. If it's not under warranty most service companies do not charge as much as Sears. I have one of these setting in our shop with a bad rear bearing.
Nat
Ksettle  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 6:49:27 AM(UTC)
Ksettle

My front-loader Kenmore quit spinning recently, after 8 years of good service. I paid the tech to diagnose, and he was happy to write down the numbers for the two parts that he was sure needed to be replaced, so that I could do it myself.

On his firm recommendation, I replaced the timer first (didn't work) and then the control board (plus a knob that I broke); however, it still is not fixed. His diagnosis was not correct, so now I'm back to the drawing board, with two extra parts that are in good working condition.

Kenmore: 417.29042992
Timer part number: 131800500
Speed control board part number: 131789600

If you are interested in attempting a transplant, I'll offer a good deal for either or both. ksettle@everestkc.net.
libertyappl  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2008 11:11:24 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

I would say the motor itself isn't going into high spin.

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply