Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ksobotik  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 6:06:22 AM(UTC)
ksobotik

Groups: Registered

I have a KitchenAid Superbra combo microwave/oven and my daughter cooked some noodles without water and it left a horrible smell. I left the door open and then decided it would be good if I could turn the light off to keep it from burning out. With the door still open, I flipped the white plastic pieces back that hook to the door, but the light didn't go off. When I went to pull the pieces back forward and I stuck the tool I was using in the right side, the light flickered and went out, but the piece flipped back in its correct position. Now when I close the door and push a button, the microwave won't start and the "door" message comes on. Now we can't figure out how to get to that piece. We've removed all the screws on the face plate but can't remove it. Are there any instructions on how to do that? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ksobotik  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:33:08 PM(UTC)
ksobotik

We ended up having to take the whole combo unit out and removing the surrounding metal to get to the part. The whole right side door assembly unit was replaced and also a fuse. Now the timer won't work. Anyone?
joepizza1  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 6:43:28 AM(UTC)
joepizza1

I have a superba kemc308kss01. when i try and start the microwave it just says door and beeps 3 times. I did a continuity test on the 20 amp fuse and its ok. My totion springs broke about 3 moths ago and I have not yet replaced. Is the door error from a bad door switch. If so does the wholeunit have to come out of the wall to replac. Please give some detailed instructions about how toreplace door switches
joepizza1  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:10:50 PM(UTC)
joepizza1

I see the Caity thermal fuse and the 15amp fuse have to be accessed from the rear by removing the unit. Can the primary interlock switch be accessed without removing the unit and if so can you provide info on how I already tested the 20 amp fuse behind the control panel
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:59:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joepizza1 Go to Quoted Post
I have a superba kemc308kss01. when i try and start the microwave it just says door and beeps 3 times. I did a continuity test on the 20 amp fuse and its ok. My totion springs broke about 3 moths ago and I have not yet replaced. Is the door error from a bad door switch. If so does the wholeunit have to come out of the wall to replac. Please give some detailed instructions about how toreplace door switches

Here is the Service manual.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KEMC308KSS01 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Thermal Convection Lower Microwave Convection | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
joepizza1  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:45:30 AM(UTC)
joepizza1

Thanks for the info and service manual. Makes life alot easier
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 6:39:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply