Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgearman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
jgearman

Groups: Registered

The top rack on my kenmore is not washing. The dishes get wet however it appears the upper arm is not spraying or spinning.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:46:15 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Try running a cycle without dishes, using Dishwasher Magic. Also, make sure you're getting at least 115 degree water.
NigelL  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2010 10:48:05 AM(UTC)
NigelL

I had the same thing happen to me. The answer was to clean out the trap in the bottom of the washer. This involved removing the lower spray arm, then taking off the housing, revealing the input to the pump. I discovered some large beans (think red beans) which were plugging the water intake. Using my shop vac (after removing the dust bag) I sucked out everything, reassembled the washer, and everything works fine.
I NOW (duh) rinse off the "larger bits" before putting plates into the washer.
Oh, I also checked and cleaned the upper rinse arm (the end ports were a bit plugged with muck). Again the shop vac and air compressor handled that nicely.
paulmark  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:36:55 AM(UTC)
paulmark

It could be that the unused hole in the stand pipe is not being covered properly with that little flapper valve cover. I believe that washer has a two level upper rack adjustment, and when you slide the rack in, it goes into the proper hole, while the other hole is sealed off with the little flapper valve
bleong  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:56:50 PM(UTC)
bleong

This worked for me. Cleaning out the trap help increase the water flow to the top sprayer.