Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeff N.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:54:18 PM(UTC)
Jeff N.

Groups: Registered

I have a Kitchen Aid stove/range, Model No. KEDC205YWH. It takes forever for my oven heating elements (both bottom and broiler) to heat up to temperature. I can set the thermostat for the oven to 350 degrees and it takes 20-30 minutes to reach desired temperature. But it eventually does, just takes to long. Everything else seems to work otherwise. Stove top, clock, thermostat, timer, etc. all work fine. What could be the problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Pegi  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:02:26 PM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

Are the element(s) bright red? You could have a voltage problem to the oven causing the long pre-heat time....might check to see what the voltage is to the unit to be sure it is 240 volts....however ranges, especailly electric ones, do take at least 20 minutes to get to the set temperature...30 is better...
Jeff N.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:22:28 PM(UTC)
Jeff N.

Groups: Registered

The stove/range has been working good for years. So electrical connection isn't a problem. I guess when I said 20-30 minutes to heat up to temperature was a misunderstatement, it sometimes takes 40-60 minutes to heat up, for both the broiler and oven elements. It seemed to be working good one day and then all of a sudden it takes for ever to heat up.

I checked the voltage of the oven element and it running at 119 volts.

What could be the problem?
Pegi  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:36:41 PM(UTC)
Pegi

Groups: Senior Expert

I checked the voltage of the oven element and it running at 119 volts.

What could be the problem?
perhaps the problem is that should be 240 volts??? Need to see where you have lost the voltage to the element, might have a bad breaker or wiring, time to trace back with your volt meter/stick to see where you are loosing the voltage..