Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjpalad  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 6:58:33 AM(UTC)
mjpalad

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher has been working great for years but stopped draining a few days ago. I have verified the drain hose is clear, air-gap is clear, hose from air-gap to garbage disposal is clear, and the knockout plug in the disposal has been correctly removed. My thinking is most likely the drain pump needs to be replaced.

The dishwasher does make a slightly different sound than it used to when it enters the drain cycle.

Anyone know of any other diagnosing I can do or other possible problems before I spend the money on a new drain pump?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

lestouffer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 9:02:23 AM(UTC)
lestouffer

How did you check all these parts? I have a machine with the same problem, (but the noise is the same) and I figure it must be a blockage somewhere, but I cannot get to any of the obvious places to check it. Thanks
mjpalad  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 10:15:46 AM(UTC)
mjpalad

Originally Posted by: lestouffer Go to Quoted Post
How did you check all these parts? I have a machine with the same problem, (but the noise is the same) and I figure it must be a blockage somewhere, but I cannot get to any of the obvious places to check it. Thanks

I knew the knockout plug in the garbage disposal was already out because it had previously drained correctly, and I haven't changed anything related to that. I unhooked the drain hose from the air gap and visually checked the air gap. I then had to pull the dishwasher out to unhook the drain hose from the dishwasher itself and run water through it to verify it was clear.

I'll let you know if the new drain pump makes a difference after I get the part replaced.
mjpalad  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:43:39 PM(UTC)
mjpalad

Just to update, I got a used drain pump from a local used appliance store and that did the trick. It sure was satisfying to see that water start pumping.
Roshmm  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2007 8:57:48 AM(UTC)
Roshmm

I have the same problem (water not draining) since the washer is almost 12 years old I replaced it with a new one, but still the water does not drain. About a month back I have replaced the garbage disposal too. Did I have to do something with the garbage disposal unit?:confused:

Thanks,
Roshan