Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blurr  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 2:32:53 PM(UTC)
Blurr

Groups: Registered

My LG refigerator no longer blows cold air in the refrigerator or freezer compartments. You can hear the compressor click ever 5-10 minutes or so but there is no cold air. Sometimes you can feel room temperature air blow into the fridge but most of the time you get nothing. The front electronics appear to be in normal working order. The fan blowing across the coils works. The coils are clean.
The fridge was recently transported to my house on its side (only on its side for 15-20 minutes) but the problem began before we received it where it was upright for a long time.

Any ideas as to how this can be fixed?

thanks in advance LG LRSC26922SW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 3:39:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing you may want to do is unplug the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Then plug it back and see how it will work.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for LG LRSC26922SW Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Blurr  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 3:42:46 PM(UTC)
Blurr

I've left it unplugged for over 24 hours and it had no effect. any other ideas? the prior owner had it unplugged for an extended period of time (weeks, maybe a few months). don't know if that is helpful but that's all i know.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 4:59:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Try to replace the compressor start relay and overload. If it would not help then the compressor has gone bad.

- The start relay Part number: AP4440348
Part number: AP4440348

- The overload Part number: AP4651578
Part number: AP4651578

Gene.
Blurr  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 7:35:49 PM(UTC)
Blurr

I replaced the PTC assembly and the refrigerator is behaving the same way it did before. any other ideas?
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:03:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sounds like the compressor itself has gone bad. If the refrigerator is less than 7 years old then the compressor is still warranted. You are responsible for the labor charge.

Gene.
Blurr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:04:16 PM(UTC)
Blurr

Do you have a wiring diagram for this refrigerator? I want to be sure I have everything connected properly.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 12:22:16 AM(UTC)
Gene

Here is the Service manual.

Gene.
Blurr  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 9:23:19 AM(UTC)
Blurr

Here's an update to my situation. I purchased the PTC Assembly and Overload Relay as recommended in this thread (the PTC Assembly included an Overload Relay, not sure why an additional relay was recommended, oh well). The replacement part did not match up exactly with the original but I installed it anyway and it didn't fix the problem.

The original PTC assembly had some electrical 'burn' marks on it, kind of like a popped fuse and it rattled. I opened the PTC assembly and noticed a ceramic-like disc that had a couple of pieces broken off it. This disc was inserted in the middle of the PTC assembly and an electrical contact touched each side of this disc. I'm not an electrician but it is obvious that this disc is some sort of conductor and my refrigerator stopped working because the part of the disc that broke was touching one of the electrical contacts inside the assembly.

So just for kicks I pulled the ceramic disc out, rotated it about 180 degrees and put it back in the assembly so that the electrical contacts now touch both sides of the disc. I wish I took some pictures because I'm sure my descriptions are terrible :).

I put the PTC assembly back into the fridge, plugged it in and viola, everything works!

My quest now is to find an exact replacement PTC assembly for this fridge. I don't know what cause the original one to pop but I don't want to be dead in the water if it happens again.
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 6:12:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Blurr Go to Quoted Post
...I purchased the PTC Assembly...The replacement part did not match up exactly with the original...

...My quest now is to find an exact replacement PTC assembly for this fridge...

LG has redesigned the PTC and changed the part number. So the PTC with the part number AP4440348 is the correct part (per LG) and the only PTC which is available for this refrigerator. I don't know why it did not work.

You can return the overload if you do not need it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply