Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Soarer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:09:43 PM(UTC)
Soarer

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire Affinity clothes dryer has been stopping after just 5 to 10 minutes into the drying cycle. The display flashes "ad". I downloaded the manual and retrieved error code "e04" from the machine. The dryer is running firmware version r06. I can't find anywhere that can tell me what error code e04 means. Can someone please help me?
Thanks!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 7:09:15 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

E4 code means the unit has a restricted airflow. Check your venting and lint filter for lint and trash. Make sure the system is venting well. This should fix your problem. :)
Soarer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:32:03 PM(UTC)
Soarer

Groups: Registered

I got to spend some time tonight to work on the dryer. Here is exactly what happens: I put it on Normal/High Heat cycle and start it. It runs for 5 minutes and then AD comes on the display. It runs for another 5 minutes and shuts off and the display flashes error. I used the manual to pull the error code and it is code e5b. I checked the manual for this code and it means that the heating element is not coming on. When I run the dryer (for the ten minutes it'll run for before turning off) it doesn't produce any heat.

I disconnected the vent and cleaned it out as well as cleaning out the inside of the lint trap and it still did the same thing. In the manual, it says to test the voltage across relay RL2. I did this and got 0 volts. The next step in the manual was to disconnect the black wire and test the voltage drop between the red wire and the neutral. I got 240v here. So, what this tells me is that the relay is not clicking on to turn on the heat. I guess this could be because either the relay is bad or the circuit board is bad and not telling the relay to turn on.

After reading up on these dryers a bit, I found that the AD means "Additional Drying" mode. Basically what's happening is that the dryer's thermistor is detecting that there is no heat , putting it in AD mode and after no heat is detected for another 5 minutes, it shuts off and kicks the error message.

The other worrying thing that I noticed while I had the top of the machine off was that the motor seemed to be arcing. I was seeing white flashes coming from the back of the drum and I heard a ticking sound each time it flashed. This doesn't seem normal to me.

Originally Posted by: Jeff / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
E4 code means the unit has a restricted airflow. Check your venting and lint filter for lint and trash. Make sure the system is venting well. This should fix your problem. :)
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:18:29 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Ok unplug the unit and remove your drum from the unit. You heater could be broke doing the arcing, when it hits the drum while rotating. This will give you a chance to inspect the heater assembly and your motor. You could have a bad heater.