Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GADIYman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
GADIYman

Groups: Registered

OK, I'm stuck. The repairman came out and replaced the control board in my oven (whirlpool double oven/RDB275PDB14), but now I'm being told I may need several other parts (control panel and/or smaller circuit board on the left of control board$$$:( .

I'm seeing error codes F5/E1 initially then two beeps followed by error E1/F2. After reading other posts, I’m beginning to second guess this “repairman”. Any thoughts:confused: ? I really need help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:05:46 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Are you sure it is a RDB.
I am assuming that this is a typo and it is actually a RBD.

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD275PDB14 27`` BUILT-IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN STD-CLEAN LOWER SELF-CLEAN UPPER | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

And finally here is a service manual
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You will have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and has many manuals for many appliances. A great resource for the appliance DIYer.

Is this the same as the original problem?

If yes then I also would have assumed a bad control board as your error codes are not related so it is likely that the control board is messing up.

The first code is related to the latch and the second to the key[pad.

Have you tried flipping the breaker off for 10 minutes or so to see if the board will reset.

The keypad problem may just be a bad connection.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
File Attachment(s):
RBD275.pdf (518kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:58:54 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, on the F2 E1 error code, that means the touch pad is unplugged, or not put back on correctly, by the last service man. So, that would be the first thing I would do. Make sure you kill the power to the oven, before you take the control panel off. It is very possible that the serviceman, due to his inexperience, did not plug in the touch pad properly. Sometimes, they can be a fight. The F5/E1 error code is a door latch issue. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
GADIYman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:47:50 PM(UTC)
GADIYman

You are right, it's a RBD not RDB model. Thanks for the information. I'll post when I'm done.

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure it is a RDB.
I am assuming that this is a typo and it is actually a RBD.

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD275PDB14 27`` BUILT-IN ELECTRIC DOUBLE OVEN STD-CLEAN LOWER SELF-CLEAN UPPER | AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachment for the tech sheet.

And finally here is a service manual
KR-30 Whirlpool Electric Built-In Double Oven Service Manual - ApplianceDigest.com
You will have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and has many manuals for many appliances. A great resource for the appliance DIYer.

Is this the same as the original problem?

If yes then I also would have assumed a bad control board as your error codes are not related so it is likely that the control board is messing up.

The first code is related to the latch and the second to the key[pad.

Have you tried flipping the breaker off for 10 minutes or so to see if the board will reset.

The keypad problem may just be a bad connection.
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
GADIYman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:50:10 PM(UTC)
GADIYman

Thanks for the information. I'll post again once I'm done.

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, on the F2 E1 error code, that means the touch pad is unplugged, or not put back on correctly, by the last service man. So, that would be the first thing I would do. Make sure you kill the power to the oven, before you take the control panel off. It is very possible that the serviceman, due to his inexperience, did not plug in the touch pad properly. Sometimes, they can be a fight. The F5/E1 error code is a door latch issue. Tom ApplianceEducator.com