Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denman  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 9:33:41 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Do not be depressed.
Depressed is when there is no cooling and you need to start shopping for a new unit.

All that is left to try is the damper assembly (Item 420 in Section 7).
It is not cheap but may solve your problem.
This is just a guess but it is all that is left.

The unit seems to run and regulate the temperatures OK it is just the dials are not centered.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
drgerry  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:18:34 PM(UTC)
drgerry

Groups: Registered

I've already check that. It seems to be working. Although, I haven't actually looked inside to see if it opens all the way or not. I can move it easily all the way, and I hear it moving (even when the compressor isn't on). So, I assume it's working. I feel air from the vents.
drgerry  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:40:51 PM(UTC)
drgerry

could the temp adjustment control board be bad??? and not sending the right temp info to the control board? Maybe that's why the temp doesn't seem to change even with a #9 setting???
denman  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:24:36 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Maybe that's why the temp doesn't seem to change even with a #9 setting???[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Orange"]
Currently the FF is set a 7 and I still have a 39 - 40 temp
For some reason I have to set the FF side to #9 to get the temp to 34 - 38 (which is where it should be)[/COLOR]

I am sorry but I am confused. In an earlier post you said the above which indicates to me that the temperature in the fresh food side is being adjusted by the control system!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]could the temp adjustment control board be bad??? and not sending the right temp info to the control board?[/COLOR]
Could be but I have no way of checking this.
Have you tried to run the diagnostics in the service manual?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
drgerry  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:34:41 AM(UTC)
drgerry

Seems like I've got 2 topics on this. I obviously don't know what I'm doing. Sorry
abadfish66  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 1:44:07 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

You said you cut out a notch on the right side of the damper area...Bad idea as that cold air will be blowing on the water filter and cause it to freeze and burst and you will have one great flood in your house...just my 2 cents.
drgerry  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:12:32 AM(UTC)
drgerry

OK, I know I'm posting conflicting info, sorry.

The FF temp doesn't seem to change MUCH with different settings. #5 and I get temps anywhere between 40 to 45 or so. Currently I have it set at #8 and the temp ranges from 38 to 42, some better. With the new Control Board in I haven't tried #9, yet. But, it is acting as it did with the other board in.

abadfish66: "You said you cut out a notch on the right side of the damper area...Bad idea as that cold air will be blowing on the water filter and cause it to freeze and burst and you will have one great flood in your house...just my 2 cents."

Good point! I checked that but the vent is at the very top and doesn't blow directly on the filter and with the plastic surround around the filter base I wouldn't think it could freeze. The filter itself is about 4" below where the vent is so air is not blowing directly on the filter, either. Thanks for thinking of it, though.
drgerry  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 6:13:34 AM(UTC)
drgerry

Temp Fix!!

I disconnected the damper with the damper open. Now as setting of 7 keeps the FF temp 33-38 all the time.

Why?