Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
highman81  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:36:39 AM(UTC)
highman81

Groups: Registered

when i switch the power on the washer it trips all my sockets and wont let me turn it on ive not used it for weeks now in the hope it would of been wet and now dried but it still trips all the power when i plug it in help please should i scrap and buy a new one or can it be fixed thanks in advance highman81
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:21:59 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

It could be a loose wire inside the unit. I would check it or have it checked before desiding to scrap it.
Nat
highman81  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:30:22 AM(UTC)
highman81

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post
It could be a loose wire inside the unit. I would check it or have it checked before desiding to scrap it.
Nat

hi there
where in the unit would l look for a loose wire ive had the back off it and couldn't see anything out of place and everything looks insulated how do i get to the main board to check it can you email me any diagrams etc thanks highman
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:52:20 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

You said that you were hoping that it was just wet....was the unit flooded in anyway? If so you might want to check your household wiring for the problem, you can try to use an extention cord to plug the unit up at a different outlet that wasn't flooded. If it then works call an electrician to check the household electrical system.

I can't locate any parts diagrams on this washer. Hince repairs maybe inpossible if it needs parts. I would suggest having a tech come check it out, if a service call is reasonable.
Best suggestions I can give without being able to see the unit.
Nat
highman81  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:16:43 AM(UTC)
highman81

Hi Nat I Have Fixed It Now It Was The Part That Has The 2 Earths 2 Live And 2 Blue Wires In It Water Had Got On The Brown And Blue Wire And Was Shorting My Elec Do You Know What The Part Is Called I Replaced It With A Very Similar Part And It Works A Treat Now Thanks For Your Help Anyway I Never Wouls Have Bothered To Look If I Didnt Get In Touch With Yourself It Cost Me 5 Gbp Instead Of 300 Gbp For A New One Once Again Thanks Highman81
libertyappl  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 6:25:56 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

I sent you an email, but that looks like a capacitor. Glad you found one and got it fixed!
Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply