Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
johns  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2008 7:08:33 PM(UTC)
johns

Groups: Registered

Have a six year old Bosch SHU9955UC/12 dishwasher. Noticed a sound last night and upon opening, noticed nothing was happening, simply sound of pump "working". Tried to troubleshoot, cleaned filters and noticed the pump is "working" regardless of whether door is open/closed. In reading other posts, saw note on styrofoam float showing water leak in tub however when i removed from cabinet and took left side panel off, there is no water (unless there's more than one of these floats) in tub. Any ideas what now?

saw other notes regarding water level control assembly or float switch...

Appreciate any knowledgeable replies!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:58:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hopefully the troubleshooting manual posted on our forum by Harold will help you to diagnose and fix the problem with your dishwasher.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Bosch dishwasher Model SHU9955 UC/12 (FD 8105 -)

Gene.
tripredford  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:30:14 PM(UTC)
tripredford

John,
did you get an answer for this problem. Mine started doing the same thing last night. What do I need to do. Seems like it needs a hard reset of something.

Trip

Originally Posted by: johns Go to Quoted Post
Have a six year old Bosch SHU9955UC/12 dishwasher. Noticed a sound last night and upon opening, noticed nothing was happening, simply sound of pump "working". Tried to troubleshoot, cleaned filters and noticed the pump is "working" regardless of whether door is open/closed. In reading other posts, saw note on styrofoam float showing water leak in tub however when i removed from cabinet and took left side panel off, there is no water (unless there's more than one of these floats) in tub. Any ideas what now?

saw other notes regarding water level control assembly or float switch...

Appreciate any knowledgeable replies!
johns  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 3:09:36 PM(UTC)
johns

first, i started out by pulling out the dishwasher, and disassembling the left hand side (looking at the front of the dishwasher as if installed) - torx screws etc, some harder to find but pretty easy to disassemble. checked for water under pan, none. disconnected float switch and a couple other components, and then reconnected. then, i simpy put it back together and hooked up water and electricity again (still outside the cabinet housing). note i bought an extra long h20 supply hose to make it easy. go figure it worked.

all the diagrams etc and test modes i'd come across were really pretty worthless as i couldn't get any to run for me.

i think part of the issue for me could be the fact the dishwasher may have come out of level (saw somethign posted somewhere talking about level being really important). when i reinstalled i made sure it was level.

the bosch was really nice to work in. this was my second "fix" the first being a switch a kid pushed through. i'd gotten fristrated at the lack of expertise in fixing online but it was quite simple to take and play with. the esign is beautiful and i'm glad i bought. note, i'm not advocating to a novice, to tear apart but the only thing i did acting as a repairman was to disassemble and check for continuity.

i'd definately buy again simply because i think i'll be able to fix if/when something goes wrong.

maybe it would work for you too. good luck.
MykalC  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 3:49:42 PM(UTC)
MykalC

I was having the same problem with the drain running constantly even with the door open. I'd had an issue with a piece of glass stuck in the drain, which kept the dishwasher from going through any cycles, and while working on that I must have pushed the dishwasher off level. I took the advice read here about leveling, and with the door open and the drain pump running, I moved the dishwasher back in until the drain pump stopped. A miracle! For now at least. And the dishwasher is currently running fine. So if someone else has this problem before taking things apart first try to level the unit. Thanks for all your posts I wouldn't have figured a thing out without your help.
wdos  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:53:58 PM(UTC)
wdos

:) my bosch dishwasher had the same problem.

The DW must be removed. there is a metal plate on the right side that must be removed. There are two floats, one styrofoam one in the large lower drain pan that is under the whole DW and another plastic one within a plastic holder on the side. there are two red extensions from the floats to the switch. If either one is "up" then the drain pump operates continuously regardless of the power switch. My unit had built up calcium in the small plastic float and it it got stuck in the up position. Just disassemble and clean it.
East Side  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:44:36 PM(UTC)
East Side

Thanks to all the previous posters. I didn't have to dismantle the drain pump assembly, just cleaned the polystyrene float and jiggled the switch arms and it seems to be working fine. I did have a little trouble getting the side panel off. It seems the only screws to remove are the two holding the trim strip. The panel has a lip at the top which then just pops off.

BTW - got our machine 10 years ago. This is the first time I've had a problem with it.
kev1  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 5:29:27 AM(UTC)
kev1

Originally Posted by: wdos Go to Quoted Post
:) my bosch dishwasher had the same problem.

The DW must be removed. there is a metal plate on the right side that must be removed. There are two floats, one styrofoam one in the large lower drain pan that is under the whole DW and another plastic one within a plastic holder on the side. there are two red extensions from the floats to the switch. If either one is "up" then the drain pump operates continuously regardless of the power switch. My unit had built up calcium in the small plastic float and it it got stuck in the up position. Just disassemble and clean it.

Our pump is running constantly
Just taken the side panel off.
Not sure where the floats are just a large clear plastic water labrynth.
Is it inside this.

Any advice appreciated
Kev
kev1 attached the following image(s):
DSCF8427 (Mobile).JPG
Gene  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 12:45:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Kev,

What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.
kev1  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 5:38:42 AM(UTC)
kev1

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Kev,

What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.

Hi gene
thanks for asking
I looked on you tube for some ideas
I squirted some caustic soda into the pump leftitfor an hour or so then pumped it out.
It seems to have done the trick and the dish washer has worked fine since
fingers crossed.
thanks for replying

Kev