Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rmercado10  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 6:47:08 PM(UTC)
rmercado10

Groups: Registered

Hi, we have a problem with our Kenmore top load washer which I would normally pay someone to fix it for us but since my wife lost her job, we need to save our money especially since with our two kids. When it gets to the spin cycle (in all 4 modes) water is pouring in the entire spin cycle. After the cycle is completed, the clothes are soaking wet, but there is no water standing in the tub, so its draining while pouring in. I just realized that the washer also starts agitating immediately (while the water starts pouring in) when we start washing clothes instead of waiting until the water has finished pouring to the correct level. What could be causing this? Can someone please help us? We appreciate any help we can get... THANKS!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 4:12:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

It sounds like the water valve is your issue. The cold water valve sounds like it is sticking. I had one and replaced the water valve, and that did it. The water valve I am talking about is the one on the washer. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
rmercado10  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:19:32 AM(UTC)
rmercado10

Thanks so much for taking the time to help our family. I just realized that the washer also starts agitating immediately (while the water starts pouring in) when we start washing clothes instead of waiting until the water has finished pouring to the correct level. Does the valve still seem like it's the problem or would it be something else? If it's still the valve, then I will try and order a new valve I guess. My next step is to try and find some videos or instructions on how to replace that valve.
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:51:26 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

No with that information you have just given me, you have a water level switch problem. The part # is W10339317. If the agitator is coming on, while the water is coming in that is the issue. I do want you to check something first. Unplug thye washer. Now on this model we need to pop up the whole control panel. So, slide a putty knife under the front left side of the control panel, and youi will hit a clip, and it will release the control panel from the top of the washer on that side. Then do the same on the other side. Then flip the control panel up, and it will rest up. Now, the water level switch is the one, that you set for the water level. What I want you to do is to take the clear plastic hose off the switch, and blow in it. If you can, then you will have to replace the water level switch. If not, that hose goes to the back bottom side off the tub. Right there is where it will be blocked. If the hose is clear, hit the water level switch with the butt of the screw driver a few times. Just pop it, not beat it, then see if it fills up normal. Sometimes that will get it to work, because the diaphram on the inside of the switch gets stuck. Try that, and let me know how it goes. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
rmercado10  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:58:37 AM(UTC)
rmercado10

I will try it now! (I have today off of work) Ok Tom, I took off the clear hose and was able to blow into it, so I guess I have to replace the water level switch. (Where do I find the water level switch... is it on the top control panel, or do I have to pull the washer away from the wall and pull off the back panel?) I will try to look it up.
rmercado10  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:07:28 AM(UTC)
rmercado10

Ok, to recap so I make sure I explained the situation enough:

1. Washer agitates immediately when I start to wash (while tub is filling up with water.) .... Instead of waiting for the tub to be completely filled with water.

2. Water pours in during spin cycle making them wet when the washing is done.

3. I took off the clear hose and blew into it and was able to blow air into it (I had to blow kind of hard)

4. I am not sure what I am supposed to hit with the end of the screwdriver? (to fix the diaphram)

(My wife wanted me to thank you again for all your time and help!):)
rmercado10  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:18:53 AM(UTC)
rmercado10

Originally Posted by: Victorysensors Go to Quoted Post
ThermoCouple Manufacturers, Industrial Furnace, Industrial Oven Manufacturers in India.Victory Sensors are a reputed manufacturer, supplier and trader of all Industrial Furnace, ThermoCouple Manufacturers, Industrial Oven Manufacturers. Industrial Furnace which are used in agricultural research, process control and various calibration.

.... I am not quite sure what this means....?
kayakcrzy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:29:18 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

If you pop the control panel back like I said in my initial e-mail, and you took the hose off to blow in it, where you took the hose off is the water level switch. I also gave you the part # for it. That is the part, that I want you to pop, and few times, and then turn it on. The only thing it can be is the water level switch, that will make the agitator start agitating when the water comes in. Even if it starts functioning properly, when you pop the water level switch, you still need one. So get one, and install it, and let me know how it goes. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
rmercado10  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:25:27 AM(UTC)
rmercado10

Thanks again, I will order it now.
kayakcrzy  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2011 3:27:35 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Good Luck!! Let me know how it goes. Tom ApplianceEducator.com