Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 1:07:34 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Same here, was a strange problem.
Penelope!  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:47:46 PM(UTC)
Penelope!

Groups: Registered

ok guys!
My husband read your thread, because, we too were experiencing this strange problem......
Well, the part has been sitting on my counter for too long now . . . thought I would surprise my hubby and just take care of it.
So, now I have more parts on the counter.
My questions are:
Do I just keep unscrewing things untill I get to replace this thing?
Should I stop now before I break something?
Is a philips head screw driver the only tool I will need?
Is there any advice for how I should procede?
It doesn't seem that there are any directions......
Thanks for any help you can give me!!!!!
:o
m218perez  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 8:09:07 AM(UTC)
m218perez

Im sorry, I have to leave for work I will give you more info later.....Yes a philips head on a screw gun would be faster.

Got to go

Mike
m218perez  
#24 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2011 2:36:20 PM(UTC)
m218perez

First take out the bottom drawer by pulling drawer out and liftting up on the left and pushing down on the right drawer slide plastic tabs this will release the the drawer.

Then unscrew the two lower screws against the back wall and you may need to loosen the two upper screws to pull down and take off the plastic vent face.

Now remove the two white screws to remove the white metal plate on the right side.

Now you can see the climate control fan in the center and the two doors to the left that opens and closes letting cold air in from the freezer. this large rectangle shape box needs 5 screws removed, 2 on the left side wall, 1 on the floor below the two and 2 on the right side floor. The two on right are located between the triange gussets, the back one is tricky and needs a stubby philips head for that one.

Now remove the rubber gasket that is at the front edge of the frige 3 white screws so the box can clear when you pull it out.

Reach back to the big plastic box and push it to the right and pull it out a bit so it clears the drawer slides on the left side then pull the left side of the box to the center of the fridge.

you MUST carefully pull up on the center of the shelf above "MAKE SURE YOU LIFT ON THE PLASTIC THAT IS AN INCH BACK , UNDERNEATH, OF THE LEADING EDGE OF THE SHELF" so you clear the box and pull it out. ( their is a small ridge on the box that won't clear if you don't lift on the shelf above) DON"T CRACK the PLastic.

You can unplug all connections or exchange the part right there.

To install the new door assembly you must carefully remove the black foam that seround the part and acts as a gasket between the freezer and frig.
The gasket has a sticky adhesive so dont tear it it cost as much as the part you are replacing almost.

Now unplug the part you are replacing pull the wires through and past the foam gasket you moved out of the way.

Connect wires place part in and then place gasket back.

Now put it back together...2 screws on left wall first then 2 screws on the right side. The back one will be the hardest to get started.

Any questions, let me know.

Mike
eamacho  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:22:20 PM(UTC)
eamacho

Mike you are the man!!!

Thanks to you, I was able to disassemble my lower unit and get to these parts. Hopefully I will be able to purchase them from this site and put it all back together.

Ed
m218perez  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:19:11 PM(UTC)
m218perez

Hey thanks....Yes I bought the part here.
mikerodg1122  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:35:42 PM(UTC)
mikerodg1122

I had the same sound from my Kenmore. The fresh water was also sporadic and my ice cubes were only halve size. The solution, I replaced the water filter and everything is fine. First I took the filter out and the water flowed beautifully. Bought one on ********** for about $30 and it came in about 7 days. All is well again. Occam's razor: "the simplest answer is often correct"
m218perez  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:48:01 PM(UTC)
m218perez

Not the same problem or solution ...are you on the right thread?
Dan-nyce  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:22:09 PM(UTC)
Dan-nyce

Hi

I'm having the same exact problem on my GE and was able to establish the clicking from that black door on the left. I am having trouble tracking down the part number for the replacement motor. I tried the one mentioned earlier in the thread and no luck. Is there another part number to that motor?

Thx so much.
m218perez  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:55:53 PM(UTC)
m218perez

Sorry for late reply....Part # WR6OX10063

Mike