Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
1faustman  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:37:03 PM(UTC)
1faustman

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile side by side approx. 5yrs. old. The ice/water dispenser does not work nor has any of the lights lit up. They worked and then all of a sudden later one day jus went haywire. the water would work and ice would not, then everything quit all together. I've replaced the mother and the dispenser boards, but did not prevail. Still no lights/water or ice. I've also checked a wire fitting that was a bit dirty under the front bottom of the fridge..did not help either. I also had a tech out here and could not determine the cause...any thoughts besides getting a new fridge would be greatly appreciated..thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

1faustman  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 3:59:39 PM(UTC)
1faustman

The ice maker works...makes ice. However, the control panel does not light up and none of the buttons work. Therfore, it will not dispense ice or water. Again, the dispenser and mother board were replaced and still nothing works to get water or ice. Wondering if a short somewhere in door or fridge wall..wherever the wires are housed that go back to mother board. Just a thought.But, I'll see if any other thought's can be provided by you ...thanks.
6tramps  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:35:14 AM(UTC)
6tramps

hey faustman - no good news for you; I just posted an eerily similar problem with my GE lss25xste on the forum...

I just tried a new motherboard and no love. I even had the same technician experience. Nothing like paying $125 for someone to remove a light bulb and not fix anything...

hopefully someone has cracked the code for us on this one...
ALXDROZD  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:45:29 AM(UTC)
ALXDROZD

Did you find any solution?
jtk1925  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 12:12:40 PM(UTC)
jtk1925

Originally Posted by: 1faustman Go to Quoted Post
The ice maker works...makes ice. However, the control panel does not light up and none of the buttons work. Therfore, it will not dispense ice or water. Again, the dispenser and mother board were replaced and still nothing works to get water or ice. Wondering if a short somewhere in door or fridge wall..wherever the wires are housed that go back to mother board. Just a thought.But, I'll see if any other thought's can be provided by you ...thanks.

Any luck? I have the same problem. I replace the front control panel, and nothing. A friend has the same fridge, and my front control panel works fine on his. I am thinking to replace the main control board in the back, but sounds like that did not work for you.
ALXDROZD  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 4:07:16 AM(UTC)
ALXDROZD

With the ice maker still working, we were taking ice out of the ice bin by hands when we needed it. Had some big chunks of ice in there and took the entire bin out, dumped it, and let it sit outside in the sun to defrost. (turned off ice maker). Put it back after 4-5 hours (thawed and completely dried). Turned ice maker back on. Noticed the green light came back on so I tried it just for fun. Everything works. Water, Cube ICe, Crushed Ice, lights, etc.
dsk2matt  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:05:52 AM(UTC)
dsk2matt

Has anyone had any luck with getting this resolved? We have same issue and I replaced front control panel with no luck. I'm tempted to replace motherboard but question if this will fix the problem?
prestondobe  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 6:20:38 AM(UTC)
prestondobe

I had the same problem. No water or Ice would dispense. When I noticed the light bulb would not come on, I removed the light bulb and then water would dispense, but no ice.

The service tech opened the freezer door and removed the black plastic kick - guard and found corosion on the 3 prong connector. He cut the old 3 prong plug off and replaced it. ALL FIXED!