Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Davidf2010  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 8:53:36 AM(UTC)
Davidf2010

Groups: Registered

When you look at the plastic panel, toward the lower half on each side, you'll see a round molded portion. Mine had holes in the center as if for a screw. On the inside of the panel at the same spot, you'll see a molded half circle. It looks as if this tab was meant to fit onto a round anchor point, but there's nothing on my model micro for it to hook onto. The hole lines up perfectly with a hole on the metal hinge as if a screw was intended for this. So I just used 2 metal screws of appropriate length and attached the panel on both sides to the hinge. No more sagging/wobbling and the door is solid. :)

Oh and one other thing, if that door keeps binding, it could crack the plastic panel at some point. The panel is about $55 so if your micro suffers from this, 2 screws may save you some cash down the road.
TucsonMTB  
#42 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:56:59 AM(UTC)
TucsonMTB

Thank you! to everyone who contributed their wisdom to this thread and especially to evo for the wonderful pictures of the reassembly process. My spring is on order from AppliancePartsPros.com. Life is good. :D
ekraus  
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:40:28 PM(UTC)
ekraus

I have a kbmc140hss0 I am stumped I read all the posts for the spring replacement but I cant get the vent off the bottom. The pictures were great in one of the posts but they were for a microwave combo Over/Under. What I have is a Microwave/Convection Oven.
Can anyone tell me how to get the vent of the bottom so I can access the screws that hold the black plastic shield?
TucsonMTB  
#44 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:15:19 PM(UTC)
TucsonMTB

Originally Posted by: ekraus Go to Quoted Post
I have a kbmc140hss0 I am stumped I read all the posts for the spring replacement but I cant get the vent off the bottom. The pictures were great in one of the posts but they were for a microwave combo Over/Under. What I have is a Microwave/Convection Oven.
Can anyone tell me how to get the vent of the bottom so I can access the screws that hold the black plastic shield?

If you look closely with a good flashlight, you will probably notice that the hole through which the screw that holds the vent passes is somewhat oversized. I had to bang mine around with vigor while pulling up on the vent itself to get the screw to pop out of the hole. Getting it back in was a similar exercise. :eek:

At least one person here just took a hack saw blade and trimmed off the screw below the vent. Since the vent does not support anything and surrounded by plastic after re-assembly, it should not be a problem if you have to do that too. :D
ekraus  
#45 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 2:22:21 AM(UTC)
ekraus

Originally Posted by: TucsonMTB Go to Quoted Post
If you look closely with a good flashlight, you will probably notice that the hole through which the screw that holds the vent passes is somewhat oversized. I had to bang mine around with vigor while pulling up on the vent itself to get the screw to pop out of the hole. Getting it back in was a similar exercise. :eek:

At least one person here just took a hack saw blade and trimmed off the screw below the vent. Since the vent does not support anything and surrounded by plastic after re-assembly, it should not be a problem if you have to do that too. :D

I hope your talking about the square holes on the bottom of the oven.
I figured it was the Torx screws up in there. I had to use the screw driver on a slight angle to clear the points of the other screws. The came out ok but the vent wont budge. Something up in there must be binding it.
TucsonMTB  
#46 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 6:38:12 AM(UTC)
TucsonMTB

I hope your talking about the square holes on the bottom of the oven.
I figured it was the Torx screws up in there. I had to use the screw driver on a slight angle to clear the points of the other screws. The came out ok but the vent wont budge. Something up in there must be binding it.

Hmmm . . . I just Googled your model number (kbmc140hss0) and found a parts diagram at KBMC140HSS0 (the uppercase text to the left is the link to kbmc140hss0.theappliancepartsdepot.com) It looks very different from the model we have, so my advice was poor. :rolleyes:

On this exploded parts diagram, if it is the right diagram, part number 7, which might be the item you are trying to remove, is held in by a screw (number 10) from the rear on the right hand side.

If this is not the correct reference, scroll down on this tall image to see other views of other parts of the oven. Hopefully, seeing the parts in roughly their installed position will help you determine how to proceed.

My apologies for the earlier poor advice based on a faulty understanding of your model and its unique design challenges. :o
ekraus  
#47 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
ekraus

I looked at thet diagram and the vent doesn't look anything like that.
The only screws that are accessable are the 2 Torx ones in the bottom openings. Other that that there has to be something eles that I am missing.
There are several screws located under the vent but short of bending it up there is no way to get them out. Attached is a picture of the Torx screws.
ekraus attached the following image(s):
DSC00026.jpg
Santiago13  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:14:45 AM(UTC)
Santiago13

I drilled an small hole through the vent, lined up with the screw for the plastic trim, so that the screw driver could reach the screw.
ekraus  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:10:04 AM(UTC)
ekraus

Originally Posted by: Santiago13 Go to Quoted Post
I drilled an small hole through the vent, lined up with the screw for the plastic trim, so that the screw driver could reach the screw.

I don't feel comfortable drilling wholes in the vent. Its a $2000 Oven.
So the wife is on me to get it fixed. Problem is they want $129 for them to come out and install the part. So I called appliancepartspros.com customer service for help.
I was told that FACTORY TRAINED TECHNICIANS MONITOR THE FORUMS and chime in on repair issues and they cant help me.
So where are they?:mad: To date no one other than Santiago has the same oven.
So beware you may get screwed and have to call for service!
I am going to repost the question and see if there really is a Kitchen Aid Technician out there!
ckp1001  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:44:18 PM(UTC)
ckp1001

evo, did you try to install the Part number: 4451009
Part number: 4451009
spring in your door? Does it work? The right hand spring (blue tip) in my model # Model KEMC308KSS01 broke, and on the diagram of kitchenaid's website it shows #Part number: 4451009
for both left and right springs but when I looked it up on appliancepartpros it said to order Part number: AP3082257
Part number: AP3082257
RH spring for my model. I spoke to a rep at appliancepartpros and he said not to use Part number: 4451009
on stainless steel doors. The rep at Kitchenaid said that's the only one they recommend. I'm all confused now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply