Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<45678>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marianmwitt  
#51 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:03:15 AM(UTC)
marianmwitt

Groups: Registered

run the washer through its cycle with no clothes using only liquid lysol. if washing clothes only once a week you can do this every other week. if more then should be done once a week. this eliminated my problem:)
Kenmore No More  
#52 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:34:24 PM(UTC)
Kenmore No More

Lysol? WOW! What a fantastic idea! NEVER even crossed my mind ... but you're *EXACTLY* right!

THANK YOU!!!!!
dnlemizc  
#53 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:31:13 PM(UTC)
dnlemizc

amaro718  
#54 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:14:40 AM(UTC)
amaro718

I had same problem with mine. It was the water drain hose that was stuck to deep into the drain. Was touching the water inside the drain pipe.
David F  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:45:54 PM(UTC)
David F

Affresh
According to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) put out by Whirlpool they state that the ingredients are: Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Carbonate Peroxyhydrate (another name for sodium percarbonate), and Boric Acid. They further state that proportions of these ingredients are confidential. The MSDS further gives the pH as 10.5-10.7 with a 1% solution. Therefore it has the potential to corrode the aluminium of the spider should the required concentration be reached.
When all else has failed to get rid of the foul odours it has to be considered that the odours are originating from the build of ‘crud’ in the recesses of the spider. Even after the fastest spin small quantities of water and contaminants will remain in these recesses, on the shaft and on the spider. As the water evaporates the ‘crud’ will start to fester and smell. The only sure way of getting rid of it is to strip the drums down. Not an easy task for most people.
amysue  
#56 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2010 4:51:30 PM(UTC)
amysue

Is Affresh safe for septic tanks?
kenmore35  
#57 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2010 5:55:25 AM(UTC)
kenmore35

sorry you will never get rid of this smell all front loaders keep a little bit of water beneith the wash basket for some reason I don't know why. These he washers have been problem prone from the start have had so many issues and really expensive to fix good luck
totsuka  
#58 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 10:33:14 AM(UTC)
totsuka

I used a cup of white vinegar when I had that problem a few months ago. I think it happened because I was using cold water all the time. Ran the vinegar on hot for one cycle and problem gone. I always leave the door open after washing and once a year clean out that trap, but only had the smell problem once. WP Duet model. I don't use that special HE soap because it is more expensive and the Arm and Hammer liquid soap does the job for us. 3-4 loads a week, 4 people.
Link-82  
#59 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:51:10 AM(UTC)
Link-82

Originally Posted by: JaneWEllis Go to Quoted Post
Hello --

I see mold inside the large rubber ring (the seal) at the opening of my washer and it's hard to scrub off, even with bleach. Will the product some of you have mentioned (Affresh?) reach that mold if I use it? Thank you for help on this; it's driving me crazy.

I had the same problem with my Front-Loader however, mine was a Maytag (irrelevant). I tried literally EVERYTHING to get rid of the moldy smell and yeah, the smell was getting in my clothes too and almost impossible to remove. After a few months of dealing with this, I guess we started getting to where we didn't notice the mold like smell in the clothes but other people did. Thankfully, my family was honest with me and wasn't embarrased to tell me the truth that ALL of our clothes had began to smell moldy. At this point, I simply said to myself "NO MORE" and replaced the rubber seal around the lid/door opening of my washer. The smell went away immediately and the seal wasn't that much money, I believe a year ago it was $35.00 (Maytag Brand). If you decide to take my advice and replace the seal, be sure and use a cleaner for removing mold in bathtubs and showers around where the old seal was, after removing the old seal. Otherwise, with mold being what it is, it might take out the new seal too. GOOD LUCK!
Sincerely "LINK-82"
Link-82  
#60 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:03:38 AM(UTC)
Link-82

W0W most of this forum centers around this "Affresh", I wonder if the manufactures of "Affresh" are "Aware" of this. (hmmmmm)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply