Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aaronfj  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 8:08:59 AM(UTC)
aaronfj

Groups: Registered

We first were experiencing what we thought was the buttons just wearing out and hard to push but now the cycle select wont select normal cycle and when start is pushed you can see faint light in the start and wash indicators. It plain wont start now and all the lights turn off in about a minute after trying to start it. I have seen similar threads but havent figured out what I should do. Sounds like the circuit board or the keypad itself.Please Help! Im a mechanic by trade (not on dishwashers though) and I have an Ohmmeter. Thanks In Advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 9:19:52 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

You may have two bad components: The touch pad AND the control board.
aaronfj  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 9:34:38 AM(UTC)
aaronfj

How can I diagnose whats bad any Ideas ?
magician59  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 11:14:18 AM(UTC)
magician59

Start at the power source. Sometimes a loose neutral or ground can make it look like a major problem. Check the electrical connections under the dishwasher, just behind the toe panel to make sure they are not loose.
aaronfj  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 11:25:54 AM(UTC)
aaronfj

I will do that tonight. If those connections are peachy where would you suggest checking next?
magician59  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 12:01:39 PM(UTC)
magician59

If you can do continuity checks, I would remove the touch pad (unplug the machine first), and look at the ribbon connector. Check fir splits, cracks, or any other damage. Carefully unplug the ribbon from the control board and examine the contacts on the end of the ribbon. If they appear tarnished or corroded, very gently clean them with a fresh pencil eraser. Put it back together and test the touch pad.

If you get correct voltage to the machine, check to see that you get it to the door switch. Then test for the same voltage to the control board. (You'll need to close the switch for this.)

Report what you find.
boomerb5  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 2:47:35 PM(UTC)
boomerb5

I've got the exact same problem...buttons had been mostly non-responsive for a few weeks...could not make any settings changes, but was able to start a wash cycle and it runs fine. The lights are very dim behind the control buttons. And now it won't even start a cycle...no buttons working.

Based on other threads, I took the door apart and checked contacts/connections. All appeared OK.

I'm hoping to at least get some additional tips or troubleshooting tools to determine if it is the control panel, board, or door latch that is bad. Replacing any of them looks simple enough. I just would like to have a good idea which is the root of the problem.