Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimhunter  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:38:09 AM(UTC)
jimhunter

Groups: Registered

When you set the time and press start, it runs for about 5 seconds then turns off. What to start looking for?

Oh, also have just found the fault is intermitent. Sometimes it works ok, then the next attempt it does the quit after 5 seconds deal again.

Thanks

Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abhanson  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:42:03 AM(UTC)
abhanson

Panasonic Genius 1200W Model NNS262WF has similar problem.

My microwave will work one time in about 30 minute session. After 30 minutes, some "sensor" must clear up so it works again for one use.

If I try to use it before this "sensor" clears up, the microwave starts and runs for about 3 seconds before shutting off...no errors.

I have called local dealer where I bought this micowave from (3 years old) and he indicated it would be cheaper to buy new microwave.

I am just looking for the part to replace and I will do it myself, but I have not gotten anywhere.

When I called Panasonic, they indicated I need to send it in to authorized dealer which will cost me more to ship and/or travel to this site let alone the cost of getting it fixed. Did I mention this was above the stove unit and I do not know how to un-mount it yet.

Disgusted with Panasonic Service.
jimhunter  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:22:33 PM(UTC)
jimhunter

Yes, I forgot to say, mine does this "reset" type thing. It will work if you let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Seems like somebody ought to give us an idea of what is wrong.
abhanson  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 1:18:44 PM(UTC)
abhanson

Got it fixed! - Here's the story
- Drove 60 miles one-way to drop off Microwave at the nearest Panasonic Repair place. Explained situation to them. (120 miles round trip - ~$20 in gas)
- Two weeks later, drove back to pick up. Repair place could not find problem? (120 miles round trip - ~$20 in gas + $35 service fee)
- Called up local appliance dealer and pleaded with them to look at this. I delivered to them and they immediately indicated it was the "magnetron", but would look it over for me. Couple days later, I called them and they gave me the web site and part number to order and indicated I should order it. Once I received the $40 part, I took it down to appliance dealer and they installed it for $50.

- Total cost for this repair = 20+20+35+40+50=$165

Rather costly repair, but pleased its working like new.

Lessons learned - REALLY question taking items to Authorized Panasonic Repair place. If the same situation arrives, I will order the part online and install it myself for $40 total cost.
Wes Lites  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:50:13 PM(UTC)
Wes Lites

Can you tell me tha part number of the source to get the magnetron.
abhanson  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 4:56:54 PM(UTC)
abhanson

Panasonic 800-833-9626

Model: NN-S262WF
Part: 2M261-M32F

Cost:
part $44.52
ship ?????
total: $56.14

Sorry for delay - been vacationing/canoeing in the BWCA. I was fortunate to have my picture, submitted by my photographer partner, on the front cover of the fall 2008 issue of the Boundary Waters Journal.
fad60  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 3:03:54 PM(UTC)
fad60

What Was The Web Site You Used To Get The Magnetron 2m261-m32f
servicio.tecnico2200  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:55:48 AM(UTC)
servicio.tecnico2200

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Hi guys,[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I just bought a service manual for my Plasma PANASONIC TH-85PF12U from: [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif']www.manualsparadise.com[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']They delivered in less than 20 minutes, the price was fair, and their service was really good compared to other sites where I have bought manuals in the past. And, they seem to have a huge collection of manuals![/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Recommended. ;) [/FONT]
abhanson  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:58:36 AM(UTC)
abhanson

I am suspecting my magnatron (PN 2M261-M32) going out again (see posting dated 3/30/2008@3:18PM). The microwave is starting to make a louder humming noise when in use, but does not shutdown during the cooking cycle 'yet'. I am hoping it hangs together thru the holiday season. I am researching what the prices are for the magnatron (from $48 to $75 plus shipping). I see there is a replacement part for this as well (PN 2M261-M32KLP). I am wondering if anyone can point me to a free location or service manual explaining the magnatron replacement procedure. If not, I will do the usual...take apart to see how it works...read manual later, with the usual pre-cautions dealing with high-voltage.
abhanson  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 6:45:46 PM(UTC)
abhanson

MicrowaveDisplaydotcom

Thanks so much for the info and advice. I will be printing this off and putting with my manual.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply