Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickh60  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:24:06 AM(UTC)
rickh60

Groups: Registered

I am getting blinking lights and the error code e68 on my dryer. The dryness key seems to be the issue. I have pressed the button and it does not appear to be stuck. I followed the diganostic instructions on a posted thread and was able to enter the test mode, however when i went to the 4th turn and started to test the buttons the dryness lights kept lighting up. I have read other posts and saw comments that this error code could mean a bad control board or a bad interface or could it be a bad button?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:43:21 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rickh60 Go to Quoted Post
I am getting blinking lights and the error code e68 on my dryer. The dryness key seems to be the issue. I have pressed the button and it does not appear to be stuck. I followed the diganostic instructions on a posted thread and was able to enter the test mode, however when i went to the 4th turn and started to test the buttons the dryness lights kept lighting up. I have read other posts and saw comments that this error code could mean a bad control board or a bad interface or could it be a bad button?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rick,

If you're sure that none of the buttons are stuck or sticky,

You'll need the control board

Part number: AP3886830

The interface, and your buttons are in essence,the same thing.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
rickh60  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:26:30 AM(UTC)
rickh60

Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the needle trick to unstick the button but it didn't seem to be stuck. When I push the button I can hear it click in and out to I assume it is not stuck. Do you agree? I want to make sure before i spend the money for a new control panel. Also, do you have any links on how to access the control panel?
Thanks,

rickh60 :) :) :)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Rick,

If you're sure that none of the buttons are stuck or sticky,

You'll need the control board

The interface, and your buttons are in essence,the same thing.

Good Luck,
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:23:32 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the needle trick to unstick the button but it didn't seem to be stuck. When I push the button I can hear it click in and out to I assume it is not stuck. Do you agree? I want to make sure before i spend the money for a new control panel. Also, do you have any links on how to access the control panel?
Thanks,

rickh60 :) :) :)

Rick,

I agree , I dont' think you have a bad button , But , we'll know in a few minutes.

Here are the teardown instructions for the console, control board and the interface(buttons).

Let us know how things go ...

Removing the top panel:

1. The top panel is held in place in the front by (3)

plastic tabs on the console
(2) metal tabs (one on each side)

2. Remove the (2) screws, slide the top back about

1/2 inch and lift the top off.

Removing the console:

1. Disconnect the dryer from electrical supply and
remove the top panel.
2. Remove the(4) screws, (2)oneach side,holding the
console to the front panel and roll the console

forward

Removing the control board:

1. Disconnect the dryer from electrical supply and
remove the top panel.
2. Removethe console.
3. Remove the (5) screws holding the control board to

the console and lift to control off

Removing the control board’s rear cover:

1. Disconnect dryer from the electrical supply and

remove the control board
2. Release the two locking tabs and roll the cover off of

the control

Removing the interface board:

1. Disconnect dryer from the electrical supply and
remove the control board.
2. With thecontrol boardremoved, the interface board

will lift out.

rickh60  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 4:52:14 AM(UTC)
rickh60

Joe,

I followed the directions, accessed the control panel and checked the buttons. The selector button was not stuck as you thought and i ordered the new board. :(
Thanks again for all your help. This is an easy repair and is saving me a serivce call. :D

Thanks again :) :) :)
rickh60
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 5:11:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,

I followed the directions, accessed the control panel and checked the buttons. The selector button was not stuck as you thought and i ordered the new board. :(
Thanks again for all your help. This is an easy repair and is saving me a serivce call. :D

Thanks again :) :) :)
rickh60

Rick,

Great job,

Glad to have helped,

You're saving a lot more than just a service call.

Drop us a line, and let us know how things went.

Good Luck,
rm999  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:13:27 AM(UTC)
rm999

Folks, there are lots of references on the web suggesting that the E68 error code for the Frigidaire Affinity dryer is due to either a stuck button on the panel or a defective central control board. In my case neither of these were the reason. The reason turned out to be a burned out thermostat. In fact, when I mentioned to the repairman that the net suggested the problem was either a stuck button or a bad CCB he looked at me like I am from out of space. He said the most common problem in that case is with the thermostat.

Note that the thermostat is not easy to get to. The machine has to be opened up completely and the thermostat is situated somewhere below in the back. Good luck!
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:24:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: rm999 Go to Quoted Post
Folks, there are lots of references on the web suggesting that the E68 error code for the Frigidaire Affinity dryer is due to either a stuck button on the panel or a defective central control board. In my case neither of these were the reason. The reason turned out to be a burned out thermostat. In fact, when I mentioned to the repairman that the net suggested the problem was either a stuck button or a bad CCB he looked at me like I am from out of space. He said the most common problem in that case is with the thermostat.

Note that the thermostat is not easy to get to. The machine has to be opened up completely and the thermostat is situated somewhere below in the back. Good luck!

RM,
Thanks for the update and information. Was the E68 error the only issue ?
Anything is possible, but a "burned out thermostat" usually wouldn't create a "stuck button" error code.

Thanks,
jonnypud9  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 10:37:47 AM(UTC)
jonnypud9

Joe,
I have an E68 code on my frigidaire dryer. I took the dryer apart and found the tech dryer sheet. When I try the first step of the test sequence (hold the start and pause button) I get a rE5 code and I can't go any further. The only thing I can think of is either I don't know what frigidaire considers 12 o'clock position or the board is really screwed up. The board is rather expensive and I wanted to run the tests before I invested in a new one. Any help would be apreciated.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:28:14 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: jonnypud9 Go to Quoted Post
Joe,
I have an E68 code on my frigidaire dryer. I took the dryer apart and found the tech dryer sheet. When I try the first step of the test sequence (hold the start and pause button) I get a rE5 code and I can't go any further. The only thing I can think of is either I don't know what frigidaire considers 12 o'clock position or the board is really screwed up. The board is rather expensive and I wanted to run the tests before I invested in a new one. Any help would be apreciated.

Johnnypud,
Before you replace the control board, you want to check all the thermostats and heater for proper circuitry, and loose connections. If all checks are proper, then replace the control board.

Thanks,