Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cfgoldbe  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 10:07:49 AM(UTC)
cfgoldbe

Groups: Registered

Hi last night my ge convection wall oven started smoking and caught on fire behind the wall plate where the convection fan and ring element are located. I removed the rear panel and noticed that the ring element looks like it has melted and it looks like that is where the fire and sparks were coming from. Does anyone know if I can simply replace the element or if it is caused by or effects other items in the oven when it shorts out like that. Currently the oven does not seem to heat up very much even when not in convection mode so is it possible it has blown any other internal fuses etc?? Thanks Cary
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kittycat9  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:11:57 PM(UTC)
kittycat9

Groups: Registered

Did you ever get a response to this? I just had the same issue, on a similar unit. ZET1058SF5SS. I contacted GE Monogram Premier Customer Relations, and they sent a technician to my house today. They said it had something to do with the convection fan electrical wiring. The technician seemed to know what it was, and was in and out in 15min. We can still use our bottom oven he said (which still scares me). My wiring isn't melted though, according to him - they're replacing the fan unit, the door (which cracked on the hard shell, and the light that needs adjusted above). And we aren't paying for it, despite being out of warranty.
#3 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 9:19:59 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I had the exact same issue! If I had not been in the kitchen, this could have set the house on fire!
I am waiting for the technician right now, but I just want to get rid of this horrible hazzard
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply