Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kniselyc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 7:54:44 AM(UTC)
kniselyc

Groups: Registered

My EXPENSIVE GE monogram refrigerator gets moldy. I am a maticulous cleaner and have owned many refrigerators over my 30 year marriage (including my favorite Subzero) and have never experienced a problem like this. I end up doing a complete top to bottom cleaning at least 3-4 times a year to clean mold that accumulates all over (including on jars/bottles of ketchup, worsheshire, etc.) When I called GE they said it was probably something about the humidity setting which I have messed with to no avail.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jeannine  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 7:38:21 AM(UTC)
jeannine

Same problem with recurring mold in our large and expensive GE Monogram refrigerator. Constantly needs to be cleaned. Anyone found any solutions or responsiveness from GE?
HannaC  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:43:22 PM(UTC)
HannaC

I also have the same mold issue. I have had a GE repair man come in to tell me to change my fridge settings from "energy saver" to regular, but the mold continues to grow. I have contacted GE, but they want to charge me a fee to get it fixed. I very upset as they are responsible to fix this sub-standard product. I wonder if there are more people out there with the same problem.
technicom  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 8:37:15 PM(UTC)
technicom

Originally Posted by: HannaC Go to Quoted Post
I also have the same mold issue. I have had a GE repair man come in to tell me to change my fridge settings from "energy saver" to regular, but the mold continues to grow. I have contacted GE, but they want to charge me a fee to get it fixed. I very upset as they are responsible to fix this sub-standard product. I wonder if there are more people out there with the same problem.

I have the same problem with my Monogram refrigerator, purchased 5 years ago for almost $3000. Have had it repaired (supposedly) by GE while under warranty. My 7 year old GE Profile fridge has never had this problem! What can I do?
GE Hater  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:57:35 AM(UTC)
GE Hater

Please contact me regarding the mold and you GE Monogram refrigerator. I have the same problem. The excessive moisture coming from the refrigerator made mold and polluted my home. Pull the refrigerator and see if the mold is growing on the wall behind it.
technicom  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:23:41 PM(UTC)
technicom

My mold problem seems to have been solved by the right GE repairman. GE proposed to give me a new fridge at a greatly reduced price. BUT, before they did that they finally sent in a repair man who knew what he was doing. He replaced many of the parts on the unit supplying heated air and moisture to the veggie bins. Problem solved!
technicom  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:24:25 PM(UTC)
technicom

My mold problem seems to have been solved by the right GE repairman. GE proposed to give me a new fridge at a greatly reduced price. BUT, before they did that they finally sent in a repair man who knew what he was doing. He replaced many of the parts on the unit supplying heated air and moisture to the veggie bins. Problem solved!
tlkusak  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:42:07 PM(UTC)
tlkusak

Please advise if you still have the contact info for your GE repair man...I have the exact problem...tired of cleaning my fridge top to bottom to get rid of mold only to have it come back again! I am desperate.
technicom  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:36:15 AM(UTC)
technicom

Originally Posted by: tlkusak Go to Quoted Post
Please advise if you still have the contact info for your GE repair man...I have the exact problem...tired of cleaning my fridge top to bottom to get rid of mold only to have it come back again! I am desperate.

Sorry, I don't have his name. I escalated this to GE via their service dept on-line to get a response. They, on the third call, found the service person who made substantial changes to the internal parts. Suggest you go this route.
gulfsounds  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:52:37 AM(UTC)
gulfsounds

I, too, have had this problem since we purchased this refrigerator. We purchased at a local independent appliance center with a good reputation. I have suspected that we might have gotten a flood-damaged model from Hurricane Katrina since it was a scratch and dent sale item. I have had 3 previous Kenmore refrigerators with no problems and excellent service, even replaced 2 models that we had had for 10 years or so because they had since been recalled! Now that I see this problem is inherent in GE monogram, i will very likely not buy another. By the way, we were building a new kitchen and also bought the all freezer. We have issues now with a leak, causing water to collect under the bottom drawers and freeze shut. We did recently install a GE monogram warming drawer and so far it works perfectly. But now I have concerns about GE products.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply