Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:29:42 AM(UTC)
Quote
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Which oven does not work? Do both Bake and Broil not work?

Gene.
Mark4312  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 11:55:49 AM(UTC)
Quote
Mark4312

Rank:: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9

Gene,
I looked up this part # and my model is not listed as one that works with this model. Does my Whirlpool RB260PXBQ1 have a different fuse part # in back of oven or doesn't have one like other models? If so, where is the fuse?:confused:

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi gsran,

Most likely the problem with you oven is an open thermal fuse on the back of the oven. You have to remove the oven from the cabinet and remove the back cover from the oven to access the part.

- The part number for the thermal fuse is AP3885687

Gene.
Gene  
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:37:16 PM(UTC)
Quote
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mark,

According to the wiring diagram for this model (attached to the reply) there are no any safety devices in this oven. So the problem is a bad control board.

The white control has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available. The black control is on back order without ETA. You can talk to the APP team for more accurate information.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RB260PXBQ1 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
RB260PXBQ1 Wiring diagram.doc (176kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Mark4312  
#24 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:43:00 AM(UTC)
Quote
Mark4312

Rank:: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9

Gene, you gave parts list for this whirlpool model. Another question since this control panel no longer available(parts person gave me # for repair @ CG Industries). Since I have broiler working and 1/2 of bake element wires, is there a possiblity that broiler is not a 240V like the bake element. The parts list it shows bake element at 240V/2600 watts but nothing listed for broiler element. My dad said that sometimes a breaker is working on 1/2 "phase" or "face" so if broiler is not the 240 like bake, then that's why it works. If both elements are 240v then it can't be breaker and the only other thing it could be is control board. He had another question regarding thermostat: does thermostat control both elements? He says that if it went out then it won't let the bake element on if it only controls it and not broiler. If hooked to both, then no, you are back to "it's the control board" issue.
Gene  
#25 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 1:53:49 PM(UTC)
Quote
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mark4312 Go to Quoted Post
Gene, you gave parts list for this whirlpool model. Another question since this control panel no longer available(parts person gave me # for repair @ CG Industries). Since I have broiler working and 1/2 of bake element wires, is there a possiblity that broiler is not a 240V like the bake element. The parts list it shows bake element at 240V/2600 watts but nothing listed for broiler element. My dad said that sometimes a breaker is working on 1/2 "phase" or "face" so if broiler is not the 240 like bake, then that's why it works. If both elements are 240v then it can't be breaker and the only other thing it could be is control board. He had another question regarding thermostat: does thermostat control both elements? He says that if it went out then it won't let the bake element on if it only controls it and not broiler. If hooked to both, then no, you are back to "it's the control board" issue.


Mark,

I do have a question to you too. Have you tried to click on the file attached to the previous post? You can find all answers there.

Gene.
Mark4312  
#26 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 2:10:43 PM(UTC)
Quote
Mark4312

Rank:: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9

Gene,
My bad, I didn't see the tech sheet attachment that you sent. That is very helpful. I only saw the parts list url address. I will have my father take a look at it too. Again thank you and sorry for not seeing the attachment, my first time on this website.
Gene  
#27 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:43:09 PM(UTC)
Quote
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
No problem. Proceed with your diagnosis and post the results.

Gene.
Mark4312  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:57:42 PM(UTC)
Quote
Mark4312

Rank:: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 9

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
No problem. Proceed with your diagnosis and post the results.

Gene.


The control board was the problem. Luckily, we were able to buy a used oven for $40 and install the used control board.

We also learned that other oven models use the same control board. Once we knew that, we started checking all used Whirlpool ovens posted on CraigsList. We ended up buying a RB760PXBQ1.

We used the whirlpool site, http://www.whirlpool.com/custserv/index.jsp, to view the parts lists to determine that it was the same board.

Thanks for your help.
Gene  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 6:20:00 PM(UTC)
Quote
Gene

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators
Joined: 7/19/2007(UTC)
Posts: 27,455

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it with almost no cost to you. Good job!

Gene.
Busman111  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:36:12 AM(UTC)
Quote
Busman111

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/23/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Which oven does not work? Do both Bake and Broil not work?

Gene.

Yes neither top or bottom comes on the start will not work everything else works
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
Users browsing this topic
4 Pages<1234>
New Topic Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You can post new topics in this forum.
You can reply to topics in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.