Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rickz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:47:06 PM(UTC)
Rickz

Groups: Registered

Washer cycles thru all functions, but during agitation cycle an intermitent, say 50% of agitator pulses, it makes a sound I would discribe as the links of a chain being dragged across the edge of a piece of sheet metal. Sometimes it's every pulse for 6-10 in a row then quiet for a few then a few rattles then quiet, it seem totally random. I took the front of washer off and listened thru a piece of pipe as the washer was agitating, sound did not seem to be coming from what I assume is the transmission hanging from the bottom of the drum, in fact the sound seems more exterior, it's very sharp and clear not muffeled as if inside a housing or case. A couple years back it was making the same sound, a repair tech was here looking at our refrigerator, he heard the sound, and though I'm not sure what he did, he was able to lubricate something with grease that stopped the sound. All I remember was him saying it's a hard place to get the grease into. Any and all responds will be appreciated. Thanks Rick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.