Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RICO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 5:45:37 PM(UTC)
RICO

Groups: Registered

I've owned this GE stove for 15 years, recently it started not heating up to full temp. I tested the elements and have 18 ohms on the lower and 22 ohms on the upper. The upper element gets 220v on the broil setting but I can't seem to get 220 volts on either element on the bake setting. I do get 110v from both elements at all connections to ground. I believe the problem is the selector/controler (located at the front of the stove).
The part # is WB27K5073 but GE no longer makes this part. Does anyone know if my suspicions are correct or where else can if find this part?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:24:59 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You will need to ohm the control per the wiring diagram. If the selector switch is bad, you will need to find a substitute for it. A lot of these special controls are very similar, they just switch 115 volts to the bake or broil elements and may have a timed bake function.
For example, if you don't care about timed bake, a over the counter parts place can help you select a selector switch without time bake that will work just fine.Also, call appliancepartspros, they may be able to get you a replacement part.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply