Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
theoutcaste  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2007 4:17:31 PM(UTC)
theoutcaste

Groups: Registered

To make a long story short, the burner works fine with the front panel and drum removed, but when it's closed up, will only light once or twice then quits lighting (igniter cycles on and off just fine). Sometimes won't even get it to light the first time.

I'm suspecting it's the gas valve solenoid coils. Does anyone have anyother ideas as to what would let it work fine when completely open but not light the gas when closed?

Thanks,

Jerry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 2:05:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Monitor the power at the gas valve/igniter connector. If no voltage when the gas stops, you have other problems like a overheating dryer.check other components like the overload thermostat. You can get your parts by clicking on the model # above.
theoutcaste  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 7:07:27 AM(UTC)
theoutcaste

Groups: Registered

Good idea, but since it only fails when completely assembled, not as easy as it sounds. I'll have to connect several leads to the various contacts, and feed them out through the viewport hole in the front panel. This would be so much easier with a seperate access panel:(

Fired it up this morning after sitting all night, so it was stone cold, and no heat at all.

Another thought, could this possibly be an issue with intake air to the burner? I've been assuming that the intake air came from around the edges of the panels and all the other various openings, but is there an actual air intake that could be plugged? I would think insufficient air would just give a very yellow flame, but could that keep it from igniting at all?

Probably be a good idea to pull off the back cover and clean out any lint anyways.

Got to run to the dentist:eek: I'll check back later if anyone has any other thoughts for me.

Thanks again for a very useful site!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 7:47:17 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have a radiant sensor(flame sensor) so if little air, the gas valve will shut off. Right now it seems you have no voltage to the gas system connector.
The blower sucks air from the gas plenum so you may have a clogged vent or drum back panel clog from a bounce sheet.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply