Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roseblock  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:02:59 AM(UTC)
roseblock

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore washer will go through the wash cycle but will not drain/spin out the water. There is no sound from the motor during this drain cycle. I've tried different cycles (i.e. permanent press, ultra clean..) and it does not spin or drain on any cycle. I have not had a problem with this in the past. Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:44:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Most likely the problem is a bad lid switch. Check if it does click when you close the lid. If it does not, the switch is the culprit.

- The lid switch Part number: AP3100001
Part number: AP3100001

Gene.
roseblock  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:12:24 PM(UTC)
roseblock

Hi Gene,
Thanks for the speedy response. I will pick up one today and try to install it by the weekend. Is this a tough task? Wish me luck and thanks again for your help. :) By the way, I do not hear a click when the lid is closed.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:39:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

This job is not too difficult for a DIY person. You have to open the control panel and remove the washer cabinet. Good luck and keep us posted.

Gene.
Melinda1973  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:36:12 AM(UTC)
Melinda1973

I posted almost the same question yesterday and got no response, I am glad you did. I just ordered a new pump and will attempt to replace that. My washer always stops when I open the lid, which is why I am trying the pump first.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:20:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Melinda,

Your washer is very different. Your question is answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...midcycle.html#post271268

Gene.
roseblock  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 5:24:32 AM(UTC)
roseblock

Hi Gene,
This is a beautiful day! I got my washer FIXED this morning. It was the lid switch and my husband and I had it replaced in about 20 minutes. It took a little longer because I cleaned all the residue off the inside and scrubbed down the outside. It looks and runs like NEW! I enjoy a challenge and I'm glad I took the plunge. It saved me over $100. Thank you so much for your help. You are a jewel!!

By the way, I noticed rust on the right side of the tub mount. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the bleach dispenser being on that side. Can I put anything on the rusty area to prevent further rusting? Have a blessed day.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2010 8:47:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Regarding the rust - I believe a sandpaper and some paint can help.

Gene.
She-ra  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:20:30 PM(UTC)
She-ra

I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful information. I have a Kenmore 110.23812100 purchased in 2002. This weekend it stopped working. It would wash but would not drain or spin. I went in panic mode OMG have to buy a new machine...or pay I'm sure around $100.00 for a 20 min repair. After going to the Consumer Report web site to chekout machines I decided to Google "110.23812100 won't drain or spin". It found several sites including this forum. I decided to DIY and bought the lid switch. Amazon.com had it for $12.95 + 4.99 Shipping. A lot less than Sears. Worse case if it doesn't resolve the issue a whopping $17.94....ordered online Monday, delivered by Wednesday. It took me about an hour and a 1/2. I'm sure much longer than an expert...but what they hey (I'm a female and there were no instructions) I was so proud of myself when I plugged the washer back in , turned the knob and heard that wonderful sound of draining and spinning. This forum is wonderful!
ssussan  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 6, 2011 8:47:20 AM(UTC)
ssussan

I love the internet. I put the question in my browser and this website pops up with the correct answer. I ordered the $10 part on amazon and pulled up a great instructional video on youtube.

$10 and one hour later, this completely inexperienced person, who has never taken apart an appliance, is now doing a load of laundry.

Thanks for the great advise and saving me money! :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply