Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amypeters  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:32:15 AM(UTC)
amypeters

Groups: Registered

Water trickles into glass (would take~10min to fill up glass) and no ice cubes made. replaced filter - no help. Called an 'expert' and they thought what we did - water valve (cost me $75 bucks and 15min to be his assistant to tell me that). water line runs fine. Bought a new watervalve and now a few ice cubes made (15-20 total in 12hr) and still takes ~10min to fill up glass. Since the 'experts' were wrong, does anyone have any other ideas of what we should do before calling them again?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Restoman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
Restoman

I'm having a guy come out Monday to diagnose a similar issue. My icemake also recently quit on me too, So we shall see.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:36:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Have you drained out a few gallons of water through the water dispenser after you replaced the water filter? It must be done in order to remove the air from the system.

Gene.
amypeters  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 11:03:03 AM(UTC)
amypeters

replaced filter...water seems like it is working...but icemaker stopped :mad:
Gene  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 1:48:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: amypeters Go to Quoted Post
replaced filter...water seems like it is working...but icemaker stopped :mad:

Make sure the water feeding tube into the ice maker is not blocked or frozen.

Locate the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator. Swap the wires between the water dispenser and ice maker solenoids. Press the water release on the water dispenser for a few seconds and check if there is some water in the ice maker.

If there is no water, replace the water inlet valve.

If there is water, replace the ice maker.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP4298908
amypeters  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:53:58 PM(UTC)
amypeters

thanks! will give it a shot and let you know. appreciate all the help! :)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

Locate the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator. Swap the wires between the water dispenser and ice maker solenoids. Press the water release on the water dispenser for a few seconds and check if there is some water in the ice maker.

Restoman  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:08:18 AM(UTC)
Restoman

My ice maker is running like a champ now!!!!!!!! I worked with Twin Cities Appliance to get mine going. First trip out he sees that I am getting low flow out of the water dispenser. I told him also that the fill tube had frozen not allowing water to flow from the back wall. We also looked at my water supply to the refrigerator. I was using what came with the house. Mine water supply after the ball valve before the water heater, where you usually tap in for this supply...had a pipe tap. He said without a doubt what was causing my trouble. The pipe tap is bolted over the 3/4 pipe and has a needle valve that quite litterally on its first shutoff pierces the copper pipe an d makes a hole to supply our 1/4" copper line for the refrigerator. I could tell this was a band air solution when I took it off. A 1/16 hole on a good day did not allow enough flow. I basically cut out the pierced portion and installed a tee with full size ports for my 1/4" supply. Supply fixed. Water now creates a whirlpool in any glass its filling. BUT no ice???? The tube that fills is much longer than what protrudes through the back that is visible. For this pull out the fridge and locate the greenish tube coming from the floor to the top by the icemaker on the outside of the fridge. Undo the nylon nut and remove the tube. Stick it some where that it can drain when the solenoid cycles. Go back inside by the icemaker and pull the tube out. It's about 6" long and it should be frozen solid. Run under COOL water to thaw out. Reinstall and you are good to go. If this tube is not frozen you have another problem that I'm not familiar with. The front cover of the icemaker pops off to access the timer switches if that helps. Don't just go buying a new icemaker thinking it would solve the problem. At $120 I would have wasted my money. A service call was $70 and the fittings cost me $26, + it works and I was hopefully able to help someone here!
Restoman  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:10:28 AM(UTC)
Restoman

Do check the solenoids like above, but the next step is not to just buy a new icemaker. There is another step.
Handymanwannabe  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:36:55 AM(UTC)
Handymanwannabe

Gene, I replaced the water valve with the part you show. (Quick shipping, BTW, from your company!) This fixed a drip I had at the water dispenser on the front door. But, the main problem still exists - no water to ice maker. I unhooked the green line at the top (back) of the freezer. Waited for the ice maker to cycle & a little water came out (into a bucket I placed under it). However, when I hook the line back up to the back of the freezer, nothing... It seems like I would have to pull the entire back of the freezer off (from inside behind the ice maker) to get to the rest of the tube to see if it's frozen - like another post mentioned. Is that the only other recommendation? I feel the ice maker works since the mechanical rotation still takes place if I start the motion of the twirling ice breakers (don't know the real term for them...) If I manually pour water up there, I will have ice in an hour or two. But it just won't refill. Even with a brand new Pure Source II filter and new water valve in the frige.
Help...

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

Gene  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:49:24 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Handymanwannabe Go to Quoted Post
...It seems like I would have to pull the entire back of the freezer off (from inside behind the ice maker) to get to the rest of the tube to see if it's frozen...

I believe it should be the next step.

Gene.