Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tabithahogue  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:11:07 PM(UTC)
tabithahogue

Groups: Registered

My icemaker started making this really bad sound, so I turned it off and as I was trying to figure out why I saw that the tube feeding the water to the ice trays was frozen, and so was the water tray under the tube and also the ice trays. I defrosted all that and I can see that I have a slow drip coming from the tube that dispences water to the ice trays inside the freezer. I did some troubleshooting online and from what I understand, I need to replace the water valve part #AP3192626 on Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts – Appliance Repair Parts web site. I guess my question would be, do you think that is the problem and if so I know where it is and how to get to it but I need some kind of diagram or some kind of direction before I start pulling tubes out. The part doesn't come with tubes connected and the tubes seem to be very hard to pull out, and I don't want to do more damage. Please help, I have company coming from out of town in a few days! Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 9:39:16 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, your valve is bad and needs to be replaced. to get the tubes out of the bad valve, you need to push up on the white ring while pulling down on the tube, when putting the new tubes in, use a razorblade to cut off about an inch of the tube and push into the new valve, you'll feel the tube stop
tabithahogue  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 10:40:27 PM(UTC)
tabithahogue

Thanks you so much, I am new to this site and I hope you get this. That is very helpful, I didn't want to order the part until I knew for sure that is what it was. Also, maybe you can help with this too. I was trying to figue out if there was any clog in the line going to the water valve and I took the water valve out to see if there was any way I might be able to tell if it need to be replaced by looking at it. I put everything back together exactly the way I found it and now the water dispencer doesn't dispence water. I hope I didn't break anything else, but I think that also has to do with the valve.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 7:59:50 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

I would just double check the wire connections and make sure the none of the waterlines got kinked putting it back in. Also make sure you turned the water back on :) When your water drips like it is to the icemaker, the solenoid is not closing all the way, and allows water to pass through, really nothing you can do but replace the valve.
tabithahogue  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:20:34 AM(UTC)
tabithahogue

I checked all those things last night and made sure I replace everything corectly, and still no water and now this morning I checked it again and now there is water so I checked to see what the ice maker was doing and there was some ice in the pan but it looks like the last 2 dumps had a yellow tint to it. I think its still dripping but its hard to tell, and its been on all night and there isn't as much ice as there should be! I am going to replace the valve and hope that that will fix everything. Do you have any other ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply