Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wmako  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:33:50 AM(UTC)
wmako

Groups: Registered

The last load of dishes we tried to wash in our Bosch SHU6806UC/12 did not come clean at all. I used a knife to trip the latch on the door, so I could run the dishwasher with the door open to see what was happening. Both in test mode and during a regular cycle, I get the same results. First the water that is left in the dishwasher gets pumped out. Then water enters the dishwasher from the supply line. I can hear it and feel it coming in through the supply line. It fills until most of the bottom of the dishwasher is covered. Next the pump comes on, I assume to wash the dishes. The pump (motor) sounds like it is straining, and there is not much pressure. The water comes out of the spray arms about 4 inches high and without enough pressure to spin them.

I have cleaned the strainer (it wasn’t clogged). I can reach my finger into the water intake and can feel the impeller on the pump, and can move it easily. The intake does not appear to be clogged. While it is running, I can reach my finger into the water intake and can feel the impeller is spinning and can feel it drawing water. If I block off the water intake with my fingers, the pump (motor) strains even more.

Is my pump (motor) shot or do I have a blockage? Is it possible for there to be a blockage after the pump, causing it to strain, because that is what it seems like to me. I tested the resistance of both the drain motor and the circulation motor from the control module and got the correct readings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

wmako  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 5:14:45 AM(UTC)
wmako

Well I finally got it apart, and as I had read from someone else, the pump impeller has split into two pieces.
mdennison  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:13:24 PM(UTC)
mdennison

I had a very similar problem on my SHU46C, and upon disassembly found that the green impeller piece had separated from the base attached to the motor. There are eight blades with three pins each. It fits right back into the base but of course will not stay. Is there any reason that epoxying it back to the base would not be successful? With 24 pins, I would think that it would be a secure repair. The motor turns smoothly. However, I can't even figure out how to remove the base from the motor - which would be necessary to replace the entire impeller. But I'd like to try and fix the one I have first.
wmako  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 5:59:35 AM(UTC)
wmako

Originally Posted by: mdennison Go to Quoted Post
I had a very similar problem on my SHU46C, and upon disassembly found that the green impeller piece had separated from the base attached to the motor. There are eight blades with three pins each. It fits right back into the base but of course will not stay. Is there any reason that epoxying it back to the base would not be successful? With 24 pins, I would think that it would be a secure repair. The motor turns smoothly. However, I can't even figure out how to remove the base from the motor - which would be necessary to replace the entire impeller. But I'd like to try and fix the one I have first.

I have a word document with very good intructions for removing the motor and accessing the impellar. I know I found the info online, but do not know where. If you want to give me your email address, I will gladly send it to you. It was very easy to do. I think I purchased an impellar replacement kit that was not expensive, and included a few other pieces and an o-ring or gasket if I remeber correctly.
mdennison  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 2:16:45 PM(UTC)
mdennison

Thanks for the response. I went ahead and figured it out over the weekend and ended up repairing the existing impeller. I did not use glue, but rather flattened out the 24 pins that passed through the base. Then I lightly applied a torch to heat the flattened out pins to harden them in that position. Put everything back together and it seems to be working perfectly and NOTHING is leaking! Wife is happy. Daughter is overjoyed! If it fails again, I will go with the impeller replacement kit.
luweee  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:13:26 AM(UTC)
luweee

I would like to get those instructions if i could please. THanks very much sir.
wmako  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:48:35 AM(UTC)
wmako

Originally Posted by: luweee Go to Quoted Post
I would like to get those instructions if i could please. THanks very much sir.

See Attachment Below. Good Luck.
File Attachment(s):
How to remove the circulation pump (SHU3336).doc (637kb) downloaded 105 time(s).
luweee  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:29:23 AM(UTC)
luweee

Thank you very much!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply