Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
texasdiver  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 6:14:20 AM(UTC)
texasdiver

Groups: Registered

Hi guys:

I accidentally spilled water on my hot oven door when it was opened and the inner glass panel shattered. According to the parts lookup on this site it appears that the part I need is this:

Panel, glass , inner oven door, Part Number: AP2127654 made by FRIGIDAIRE for $67.74

My questions are as follows:

1. Is this a user-replaceable part? I haven't tried to disassemble the door yet but it looks easy enough.

2. Is this glass panel part the only replacement part that I need to order? Or if I start taking the door apart will I need to buy any additional parts or seals to undertake this repair?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 8:11:19 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Replacing an oven door glass may seem like a difficult task, but it's really not.

Since you'll have to remove the oven door, think of where you'd want to set it on, like the countertop for example. Place a thick towel on the countertop. Open the oven door at a 30 degree angle break (the door should stop on its own). Pull the door off the hinges and set it on the towel. Make sure the door handle is not in the way and won't get damaged.

I would try to get to the broken glass from the front of the door if possible. This way you shouldn't have to replace any of the two gaskets. Use the door diagram for reference and be careful not to break the outer glass.

Post back and tell us how it went.
texasdiver  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 6:55:17 PM(UTC)
texasdiver

Thanks,

I just ordered the glass and we'll see how it goes. I had the door off before to clean it so I know how to do that.

I was just afraid that once I got the whole thing apart I would realize that I had needed to order a gasket or something in addition to the glass.
texasdiver  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:56:34 PM(UTC)
texasdiver

The glass arrived a couple days ago and I finally got around to putting it in today.

Very easy. The door popped right off according to the directions in the manual and with the cordless drill I had it disassembled in about 5 minutes. The new glass went right in and I had the job done in about 15 minutes. The only fussy part was making sure all the fiberglass batting was put back in place correctly when I was reassembling the door.

Otherwise a very simple repair and very satisfactory experience with appliance parts pros.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply