Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeBerry Texas  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:39:21 PM(UTC)
DeBerry Texas

Groups: Registered

My GE washer keeps filling to the point overflow and flooding occurs!!! Unfortunately I became aware of this by finding 2 inches of water in my laundry room.:eek:
The same thing happened to my neighbor a few months ago. She has the EXACT same washer.
Can anyone tell me what caused this and if its worth fixing or if this washer is just a piece of junk. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2010 9:46:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If the water stops when you shut off the machine the problem is likely a clogged tube that runs from the pressure switch to the tub, or the pressure switch itself.

If the water does not stop when the machine is shut off the problem is the valves assembly, it is stuck in the open position and needs to be replaced.

This problem is not all that unusual, and a repair is definitely worth it.
ferret13  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:07:15 PM(UTC)
ferret13

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: DeBerry Texas Go to Quoted Post
My GE washer keeps filling to the point overflow and flooding occurs!!! Unfortunately I became aware of this by finding 2 inches of water in my laundry room.:eek:
The same thing happened to my neighbor a few months ago. She has the EXACT same washer.
Can anyone tell me what caused this and if its worth fixing or if this washer is just a piece of junk. Thank you!

this can happen when your washer is used on the same settings for a long peroid of time. i can ware down the contacts on the timer and will open the valve but not close it. to test this try on knits or any other setting that you dont usually use. if it overflows then its your valve has rust or sediment that is cloging it. if it doesnt overflow its the timer both are easy to replace but the valve is cheaper