Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gman2cnslt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:18:46 AM(UTC)
gman2cnslt

Groups: Registered

Dryer motor applicability.
The AP part number, AP 3094245, contains the description that it fits dryers made by Whirlpool and fits ALL dryers whose model number starts with the prefix 110 made 1996 and before. The difference in this unit and the one specified by the part numbers specific to the model I have, (a 110 prefix model Kenmore) are the lengths of the shafts.
The direct replacement has a 1 5/8 inch long blower shaft and 1 1/4 inch long drive shaft.
The universal unit has 1 3/4 inch long shafts for both.

Can this unit be used without modification?
What problems with the shaft length cause on the drive side with alignment and operation of the belt, etc?
Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:58:28 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have a Dot model dryer that requires a short shaft motor. Your idler pulley placement is fixed and the long shaft motor pulley will not mate with this. You will not be able to allign the belt around both pulleys.
gman2cnslt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:40:02 AM(UTC)
gman2cnslt

Thank you for the input and clarification.
My only concern with this, still, is in the description of the item that I referenced and the phrase that includes ". . .all" and references specifically the "110 prefixes."
Perhaps someone could review the description and, if deemed appropriate, amend it not to include "all" units.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:22:56 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gman2cnslt Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the input and clarification.
My only concern with this, still, is in the description of the item that I referenced and the phrase that includes ". . .all" and references specifically the "110 prefixes."
Perhaps someone could review the description and, if deemed appropriate, amend it not to include "all" units.

Can you explain how did you find the motor with the part number AP3094245?

The OEM part number for the motor designed to fit the Kenmore dryer with the model number 110.66912691 is 279787. This Whirlpool part number is AP3094233 Appliance Parts Pros part number. This part number does not cross over to the part number you referred in your post.

Gene.
gman2cnslt  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:38:33 PM(UTC)
gman2cnslt

Hi Gene,
I am not sure, as I reply to this, if it is "posted" for all to see or not.
I would prefer a more private way to discuss this.
If you can reply via my e-mail address and include a phone number or a contact for IM, I will get in touch.
Thanks
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:14:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

I would contact people whom you purchased this motor from to return the wrong motor and order the correct part.

If you purchased this motor from Appliance Parts Pros, then there are not going to be any problems because of their very friendly return policy. Just talk to their team.

Gene.
gman2cnslt  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:02:21 PM(UTC)
gman2cnslt

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I would contact people whom you purchased this motor from to return the wrong motor and order the correct part.

If you purchased this motor from Appliance Parts Pros, then there are not going to be any problems because of their very friendly return policy. Just talk to their team.

Gene.

Hi Gene,
I hadn't purchased the motor yet as I was looking for clarification as to applicability before I ordered it.
I was working under the assumption that a motor unit was used in multiple dryers and if, as this one did, one said it was applicable to many machines, it might work in mine if the cross-reference specs aligned.
I found this one by going to APP site, looking under Dryer Parts, using "part description" and inputting, "dryer motor" and reading the various unit descriptions. The one I had questions about was $50 + cheaper and stated, as said before, that it applied to Whirlpool dryers before '96 and specifically states "...kenmore with model numbers whose prefix is 110..."
The questions I had, as written, surrounded the different shaft lengths for drive side and blower side and I needed them clarified before I would have ordered that unit.
I have been told that it won't be applicable and I appreciate that.
I still think someone at APP should look at the wording of the description of that particular unit for the reasons stated and described throughout the post(s).
Thank you for your attention to this and the help you provided.
Gary
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:16:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Gary.

I forwarded your post to the APP team and the description for this motor has been fixed.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply