Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dittypro  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:29:55 AM(UTC)
dittypro

Groups: Registered

Should the fan cage "spin freely" on the motor shaft or should it rotate 1 to 1 with the motor shaft. Is there a "flat spot" on the inner surface of fan hole?

also: are there any NEW fans that have the exact profile of the fan that came with the dryer? In the replacement "kits' I see out there the fan blades are not curved and the BACKS do not have the nice RADIUS that the OEM fan does.

I want replacement parts equal to the original equipment that came with this dryer. Where do we find them?

dittypro.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:13:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for LDE312 models | AppliancePartsPros.com
See section 5

Yes the fan blade should have a flat spot and be solid on the motor's shaft.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dittypro  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:44:19 PM(UTC)
dittypro

so... you refuse to comment on quality of the fan you're offering. I can see that they are simplified, nylon fan that will not move air as efficiently as OEM fan.

RK Galloway
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:24:00 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"]so... you refuse to comment on quality of the fan you're offering. I can see that they are simplified, nylon fan that will not move air as efficiently as OEM fan.[/COLOR]

No, I do not refuse to comment on anything but then I do not work for AppliancePartsPros. This is an open forum which they kindly sponsor.

If you want specific comments from AppliancePartsPros, I would contact them directly.

This is an approved replacement as that is all AppliancePartsPros sells so it should push the required CFM. Also if the original was such a great part, why does it need replacing.
dittypro  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 6:06:43 AM(UTC)
dittypro

The replacement fan you're recommending would be noisy compared to contoured fan. "required CFM" is like national health care for every one.... you get the minimum requirement. We'll repair the existing fan with a steel collar and set screw instead of depending on friction and weak "clip" solution provided.

Should there be ceramic bearing supporting the clothes tumbler? I found what looked like "1/2" of a ceramic ring of some sort... apx. 3/8 in. in diameter in the bottom of the dryer case. Seems reasonable that there would be bearings of some sort supporting the tumbler which is now a rumbler.

rk
denman  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 7:17:43 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"] "required CFM" is like national health care for every one.... you get the minimum requirement.[/COLOR]
I am a Canuck and have national health care.
Your "minimum requirement" statement tells me you know nothing about our system, hopefully you have more dryer knowledge.

[COLOR="Blue"]We'll repair the existing fan with a steel collar and set screw instead of depending on friction and weak "clip" solution provided.[/COLOR]
Sounds like a plan but if you do not get it perfectly balanced you will screw up your motor's bearing.

[COLOR="Blue"]Should there be ceramic bearing supporting the clothes tumbler?[/COLOR]
No.

[COLOR="Blue"]I found what looked like "1/2" of a ceramic ring of some sort... apx. 3/8 in. in diameter in the bottom of the dryer case.[/COLOR]
Could be the following or an element support from inside the heater.
Part number: AP4290688
Part number: AP4290688

[COLOR="Blue"]Seems reasonable that there would be bearings of some sort supporting the tumbler which is now a rumbler.[/COLOR]
Rear of drum is supported by rubber rollers with oilite brass bearings. They are often the cause of a rumble re: rubber is out of round or the bearing is toast.
Front of drum is supported by plastic glide strips, usually starts screeching or grinding when they wear out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply