Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
2sellallcars  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 7:17:56 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

Groups: Registered

this particular dishwasher is having problems draining after the rinse cycle. the only way i can get it to full drain after rinse cycle is to let it finish, go back and hit rinse and then start and start again. some times it takes a couple of times for it to clean out.

took it out today and check all the hoses, and clean the drain areas and everything. before i put it back in the cabinet i went ahead and ran a light wash cycle, it drained all out.

put the damn thing back in place and ran the dishes in there and had it filled up with water. help, i dont want a new dishwasher, i have a feeling it should be an easy fix, but where to start???
thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 9:07:07 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you explain what you mean you put it back in and it filled up with water, what else did it do, or not do? I will be able to help you, just need all info
2sellallcars  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:14:18 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

meaning that i put it back in to in spot in the cabinet. i pulled it out of the cabinet because it wasn't draining after the rinse cycle. i took the bottom of the hoses and drainage apart and clean and made sure there was nothing in there.

then put that back together, moved it into the kitchen and hooked up all back up before moving it into the cabinet. it worked fine.

moved it back into the cabinet hole and hook it all for the final phase and ran a normal cycle and still had water at the bottom???
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 7:15:18 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Do you have an air gap at the sink, or does the dishwasher drain into the disposer, if an airgap, take the top off and look for a obstruction, if it drains into a disposer, check the disposer opening for a block
2sellallcars  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 5:59:31 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

air gap has no obstructions. water comes out fine at all cycles except for final rinse
abadfish66  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:33:13 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

inside to the bottom rear, you will see a fine mesh screen, take that assembly out, held in by four 1/4 inch screws. Now unscrew the round plastic deal that is your piston and nut assembly... AP2617344 when you get it out, look at the rubber mushroom head, when you push up on it, the mushroom head must cover the hole completely, if not you need a new piston and nut assy.
2sellallcars  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 8:32:20 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

i couldn't remember the website, thanks again for your time of helping out.

i went ahead and pulled out the piston. i pushed the bottom up and poured some water into the top mushroom area and it held the water without leaking. not sure what to check now

the little seal that goes up into the mushroom was a little dirt so i have cleaned that. i am not sure what to do next. i will re install the piston and try the dishwasher and see what happens.

any and all help is appreciated. thanks
2sellallcars  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:52:41 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

i replaced the piston and also the rubber gasket inside

ran the dishwasher thru just a rinse cycle and worked fine

all happy tried it again and it still doing the same thing with water down at the bottom.

any help would be appreciated. thanks
2sellallcars  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 7:21:56 PM(UTC)
2sellallcars

can anyone help me with the problem that i am having. thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply