Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwes  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:40:26 PM(UTC)
jwes

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore refrgerator has started leaking water into the ice cube pan. It still makes ice just fine, but the leaking water drips onto the cie in the pan and freezes it all into a big mess. The leaking must be occurring during the fill cycle or shortly thereafter, because I can never see a drip when I look at the icemaker.Since there is no constant water leak, I assume that the problem is not with the fill valve.I can't get the front cover off the icemaker to get at the electrical connections. Where should I start?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jwes  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:34:14 AM(UTC)
jwes

Groups: Registered

I decided to replace the icemaker, and that corrected the problem. Installing the replacement unit was a breeze. I removed the storage shelves and the freezer drawer door. The drawer is removed by simply picking up on the front of the door and lifting the side supports off the rear axle. I then removed the bottom 1/4 inch hex screw and loosened the top 2 screws that hold the icemaker in. I lifted the icemaker off the top screws which allowed me to disconnect the wiring connector from the refrigerator and remove the unit. The replacement icemaker had a different wiring harness, so I removed the wiring harness from my old unit and used it to replace the wiring harness on the new unit. The wiring harness simply unplugs from the icemaker. You have to remove the front cover from the icemaker to get the old wiring harness off, but the front cover just pulls off. When you have the correct wiring harness installed in the new icemaker, simply plug the wiring connector into thh refrigerator, make sure that the fill tube is correctly inserted into the hole in the back of the icemaker, and reinstall the icemaker onto the top screws. Install the bottom screw and tighten all 3 screws. Reinstall the freezer drawer and the storage bins.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply