Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crmb23  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 6:34:17 PM(UTC)
crmb23

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool model LSR8233JQ0

The plastic pieces that hold the screws in place for the lid switch are broken. I need to know how to open the top of this washer to replace the screws/supports for the lid switch. The switch seems to work correctly, as when I squeeze it, the washer will spin. I just need to get it back up to the correct position and secure it.

I have looked through other posts, and none of the instructions on how to open the top of the washer seem to fit this model. I can't get the end caps to pop off (as they do on my dryer), there are no screws in the corners of the front, and the attachments in the back of the top appear to be rivets instead of screws. There don't appear to be screws at the bottom of the top console either.

Is there a link somewhere to specific instructions/manual for this model? The information that I have seen so far seems to talk in generalities, but none of it seems to apply.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.