Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2007 9:18:30 PM(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Registered

I started a load in the dryer and after a few minutes I nticed it stopped running. There were no noises or strange sounds it just stopped. I tried to restart it but nothing. I did however notice that if you hold the start button in the timer makes a slight clicking noise. Any ideas
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

flowmaster2005  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2007 6:09:50 PM(UTC)
flowmaster2005

I once had a similar problem and it turned out to be a computer board located by the timer that went bad. It's a very simple disconnect-replace-connect process...hope that helps.
candsray  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:44:05 AM(UTC)
candsray

Our Kenmore Dryer 6 yrs old also stopped except light still works. Ruled out power cord, circuit breaker and checked continuity on start switch, door switch and timer - all good but could not get reading on the computer board next to timer and is not shown on parts list. After several calls to Sears parts finally got part number and ordered but they do not stock in Sears parts store and will take almost 2 weeks to arrive. Were also told could not return electronic parts if plugged in. Part is $114.99. Our timer also makes the clicking sound when start button pushed. Husband very frustrated at this point.
weity  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2007 4:00:06 AM(UTC)
weity

my belt broke on my kennmore dryer i replaced that and the door swith! My dryers old.I have no heat in the drum now!!The heating element glows big time! Could it be the sensor? It says to use a ohm meter set at r 10 ..It should read zero ..Any ideas ??what sensor would i look at the one on the heating element side or the vent side?
andrewlettington  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:23:19 PM(UTC)
andrewlettington

maybe the squirrel cage fan has stripped out on the drive shaft.you'll still get heat but no fan drawing the heat through the drum. sooner or later the thermostat over the heater element will blow as it will get too hot as a result of no cool air being drawn in over the heater element and too much hot air buildup behind the drum
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply