Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
asdf1855  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 3:20:03 PM(UTC)
asdf1855

Groups: Registered

Washer was running but when wash cycle was complete would not pump out water nor agitate. There seems to be a loud humming when it should be working.
I just replaced the water inlet valves and was working fine. However, we did hear a 'new' whinning when it was in the high spin cycle.
I have check the lid switch with an ohm meter. I opened the control panel and disconnected the lip switch connector. It seems to be operating correctly. zero ohms when closed and infinite when open.
I pulled the pump. It turns freely. I pulled the motor and inspected the coupler. The rubber coupling shows wear but is still in one piece. All three prongs look good on both ends. I turned the prongs going into the trans and everything seems to move smoothly.
I turned the motor shaft manually. When I reverse directions there is a loud click from the shaft bearings. I think it's too loud.
Is there anyway i can safely bench test the motor? Maybe it's just the starter capacitor? While waiting for a reply I'm going to remove the bear cap on the motor shaft to see if any bearings fall out.
What a way to spend a Memorial Day weekend.
Bill
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.