Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flapper862  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 7:24:53 AM(UTC)
flapper862

Groups: Registered

I have a dryer in which the timer does not advance . the timer has been replace an dthe same issue . the damp /wet light will briefly come on and then go off . Timer does not advance in time mode either . The vents appear clear although originally the outdoor exhaust was clogged but is now clear . also have run the dryer with vent disconnected same issue . The dryer heats but doesnt turn off - could this be circuit card wiith damp light , cycling thermostat - any help would be appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 10:19:23 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The timer motor is in part controlled by the electronic dryness control, this part here

Part number: AP4043070
Part number: AP4043070

so there is a very good chance that is the source of your problem. If you purchase the item from this site and it does not fix things you may be able to return it for a refund, see the returns policy.

Here is a service manual for your dryer which explains how that works, see page 3-2

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023110.pdf

Unusual problem, let us know how things work out.
flapper862  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 6:19:29 PM(UTC)
flapper862

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: flapper862 Go to Quoted Post
I have a dryer in which the timer does not advance . the timer has been replace an dthe same issue . the damp /wet light will briefly come on and then go off . Timer does not advance in time mode either . The vents appear clear although originally the outdoor exhaust was clogged but is now clear . also have run the dryer with vent disconnected same issue . The dryer heats but doesnt turn off - could this be circuit card wiith damp light , cycling thermostat - any help would be appreciated

SidFINK43 - thanks for the part it just came but it has a 6 pin connector and the original is 14 . I was on the phone with customer service and they could not find a 14 pin connector . They show the maytag part discontinued and whirlpool replacement is the one you to recomended to order has the incorrect connector - 6 pins vs the original is 14 - 2 rows of 7 - please advise of the correct replacement part .
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 3:55:30 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Hi Flapper

Sorry you were not able to get the correct part. This is pretty unusual, as I have found the APP parts people to be really good and knowledgeable.

Those of us who reply on this Forum are volunteers and not associated with APP or their parts operation, so I cannot tell you any more than the APP folks.

I can only suggest you return the part for a refund and try to contact Maytag/Whirlpool and see if they can get the right part for you or reference the right part number. If you live in a large metropolitan area your local parts store may be able to help if you take your old one in, but check and see if they will allow a return if that does not fix things.

Good luck, sorry we were not able to be more helpful.
denman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:27:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
See if you can get a manufacturers part number off the board, then use that to search for a replacement.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!