Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tracyd73  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:04:35 PM(UTC)
tracyd73

Groups: Registered

[COLOR="Magenta"]Washer
Frigidaire
Model: GLTF2940ESO

I am attempting to fix my washing machine which I believe was zapped by lightening. I am not good at fixing things, but am willing to tear it apart and see if I can. Please talk to me as though I am stupid, because I don't think there is one part on this thing that I can name. Except maybe the cord.

I found a board that has a nasty blackened area that I can see was some sort of electrical failure. I tried to fix the board, but it won't work, so I want that part. None of the parts finders online want to tell me what that part is, or it's number.

It isn't the main control board/panel. This was found below the drum of the washer, in a white plastic box that cuts up your hands when you try to remove it from the washer. I have since cleaned up most of the blood. Grr.

Is there anything else I should know about that part? Like, if it fries, does anything else fry with it? Or if I replace it, will the whole washer just magically work?

Thank you for any help you can give. :cool:

~ Tracy[/COLOR]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 7:28:51 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Tracy,

:) Great post!

The board you're talking about is probably the motor control board (or speed control board, but your description ain't so bad either ;)), at the bottom of the washer. Check out the photos and order the board through the link below.

- Motor control board

Quote:
Is there anything else I should know about that part? Like, if it fries, does anything else fry with it? Or if I replace it, will the whole washer just magically work?
If the board is fried, then most likely that's all you need. Also, I'd recommend using a surge protector.
tracyd73  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 7:52:23 PM(UTC)
tracyd73

[COLOR="Magenta"]Yes, that looks just like the piece I ripped out of there! Well.. it mine doesn't look like that anymore... it's in several pieces now. But it did.

So yes, I ordered it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hopefully it will go back in without cutting anymore gashes into my oh-so-delicate skin.

And yes.. I probably should use a surge protector. I wish I had thought of that on my own. You know, BEFORE. Like when I was running around unplugging all of my computers because of the storm. *sigh* :o

Thank you. :D [/COLOR]

[COLOR="magenta"]
PS- I didn't really expect a reply this late- do you live here? :cool: [/COLOR]
Admin / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 12:07:31 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm in L.A., a few hours behind you...

So, how's the weather behaving?
tracyd73  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 7:38:56 AM(UTC)
tracyd73

[COLOR="Magenta"]LA. That explains it some... So you dont really.. "work" here, you just help people out of the kindness of your heart?

Re: the weather, it's beautiful around here. Up to 87 today, then back to 70s the rest of the week. I'm gearing up to hold a really big booya party, ever attended a booya? ;) You could be here in time to install that part, I'll keep the band aids handy! lol [/COLOR]
tracyd73  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 7:43:55 AM(UTC)
tracyd73

[COLOR="Magenta"]No....no...no... I KNOW you work here. I just read some past posts and NO WAY you know this much and dont get paid! lol

[/COLOR]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply