Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chakeeshan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:51:15 AM(UTC)
Chakeeshan

Groups: Registered

I have a Inglis dryer. For some reason it heats up when it feels like it. If it heats up at the beginning of the cycle, it will dry laundry perfectly. If it does not heat up at the beginning of the cycle, it stays cold. We have had the coils changed and the unit vacuumed free of lint. The inside tub always spins without fail no matter whether it heats up or not. Dryer is 5 years old. Trouble has occurred over the past two months. When the tech was out, it heated up so he didn't observe the problem and had never run across a dryer that heated and did not heat whenever it felt like it. Third visit tomorrow.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:48:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like there is a loose contact somewhere in the heating circuit. It can be any part from the timer to the flame sensor (including the wires). I would recommend to keep use the dryer as is until it would not heat continuously.

You also can remove the plug on the front panel (#49 on the diagram) and watch the igniter every time when you use the dryer. The flame should start a few seconds after the igniter start to glow and the igniter should go off at the same time. If you see something different, post exactly what you've seen.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL IGS5000RQ0 29" Gas Dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram.

Gene.
tvtech  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 10:37:39 AM(UTC)
tvtech

make sure exaust is clear and not too long
Chakeeshan  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2010 2:08:28 PM(UTC)
Chakeeshan

Thanks gene, you were right. since the original posting, it stopped heating up completely so I got the service guy back out and he said a wire had come off the motor (I wasn't home at the time of the repair so this info is second hand). Thanks again Gene for your reply.