Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gsran  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 7:07:11 PM(UTC)
gsran

Groups: Registered

Hello Friends,

I have little over a year whirlpool Built-in Electric Convectton Oven. This is called Whirpool Gold and model number is GBS307PRS. I used self cleaning yesterday and now it won't heat up. Everything else (light bulbs, control panel) seem to be working fine but oven.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:28:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi gsran,

Most likely the problem with you oven is an open thermal fuse on the back of the oven. You have to remove the oven from the cabinet and remove the back cover from the oven to access the part.

- The part number for the thermal fuse is AP3885687

Gene.
hesparza  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:59:25 PM(UTC)
hesparza

hello Gene. I read the reply you placed in the article and I had the same problem. My model number is RBS305pdq16. Do you know if this is a common problem? Also I have a built in oven do I need to remove the oven to get into the back part to get the thermal fuse?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 1:14:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Unfortunately this is one of a most common problem with this generation of Whirlpool ovens. The easiest way to avoid it is not to use self clean.

The thermal fuse is located on the back of the oven and you have to remove it from the cabinet to replace the bad part.

- The part number for the thermal fuse is AP3008987

Gene.
hesparza  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 7:16:57 AM(UTC)
hesparza

I removed the oven, removed all the back covers and the thermal fuse. Had the fuse tested at the same store I purchased the new one and it was bad.

took about 10 minutes to put everything back and HORAY!! it worked. Thanks for all the info.
dwazlzz  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:58:52 AM(UTC)
dwazlzz

Im in the same boat w/my whirlpool after a self cleaning its not heating as well... I need to know my part number my model number is RBS275PDQ16. I would also like to ask if they suggest you not use the self cleaning part of the oven then what do you suggest to do for cleaning it? I have heard that your not suppose to use oven cleaners on self cleaning ovens.. thank you for your help
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:40:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

dwazizz,

The part number for the thermal fuse for your oven is AP3885687

Most oven cleaners consist of very strong chemicals and that's why it's better not to use them. You can still use all-purpose cleaners as well as soapy water. Do not attempt to clean any heating elements

Gene.
cadams101  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:16:54 PM(UTC)
cadams101

I'm having the same trouble with my oven. It won't heat up after we used the self cleaning. I think it is probably the thermal fuse but I can't seem to find any where to order the part! My oven is model number RBS305PRS00, Whirlpool, built-in electric oven.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 11:45:10 AM(UTC)
Gene

This is a duplicated thread.

Answered by libertyappl here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...using-self-cleaning.html

Gene.
cityfarmerdaughter  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 7:53:29 AM(UTC)
cityfarmerdaughter

Please help me Gene.
I have a GBS277PDq1 Whirlpool Gold Self Cleaning Oven. They should call it a self destructive oven. Like an idiot, I used the self cleaning mode. Followed instuctions. And the oven came out beautiful. But, of course it does not work now. I think it stopped heating before the cleaning cycle was done. When it cooled I went to bake cookies for my kids and found it wouldn't heat. The display still shows the time. I push timer, and the cooked time comes on, not the timer. I push timer start and the oven starts baking.
The fan comes on, the light comes on, the burners do not heat. The timer does not work at all. The timed cooking thing turns on.
From my research online, as I am not an appliance guru, says the problem may be the thermal fuses, control panel. Or thermostat. I had a local appliance man come today. He wouldn't listen to me. He said it was the thermostat. He didn't even pull the oven out. I told him I heard the fuses burn out during self clean. And that there was a problem with the control panel that was not there before. that the wires seemed fried as the timer won't come on, even with the oven off. Goes straight to timed bake. He said I just don't know how to run the timer. I use my oven many times a week. And my kids use the timer for time outs, believe me I know how to use the timer.
So he got frusterated at me, said he will replace the control panel if I want him too and the thermostat. He didn't even check the thermal fuses. Please tell me what is the part number for the thermal fuses. Is there one in the control panel and in the back of the oven. Do you think it is the thermal fuses. He said if it was the control panel, then the control panel should be blank. The numbers come on.
I'm at wits end, I can't afford all these parts. My repair man was here for 5 minutes, didn't test any fuses. Only pushed buttons on the front of the oven.
My email is cityfarmerdaughter at yahoo (dot) com.
Please I need your expertise. My daughter turns 3 this weekend, and now I can't cook her cake!!
Tami
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply