Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robjcici  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2008 7:01:21 AM(UTC)
robjcici

Groups: Registered

This is a GE Profile built in electric oven (approx. year 1998). When oven is set to Bake at 350, it comes up to set temperature, maintains it for about 1/2 hour, then F3 error code. Replaced oven temp sensor unit. Still receiving F3 under same conditions. I think next step is to replace the oven control (ERC). Mfg. part # is WB27K5273, now referenced to new part # WB27T10265. Your item # is AP3141629 (oven control).

QUESTIONS: Is the oven control part the next step to try? The configuration of the part is different than the original, so it will probably require some custom wiring. Does the part come with a wiring diagram/instructions? If so, could I get a copy of this before I purchase the part? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2008 3:53:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Do not rush with replacement of the control board. The first thing I would do is remove the oven from the cabinet, remove the back cover and check the wire harness from the the oven sensor to the control board. Eliminate the old sensor connection to the wire harness and reconnect it, using a high temperature porcelain wire nuts.

- The part number for the high temperature porcelain wire nuts is AP3440522

Gene.
robjcici  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 6:51:09 AM(UTC)
robjcici

Gene, thanks for the prompt reply. Since I thought the wiring of the new control panel would be difficult (because the replacement part differed from the original), I had an appliance repairman come out. He tested all connections and they were good. He replaced the control panel and that fixed the problem. I also benefited from a new control panel because one of the numeric digits on the clock had gone bad. The repairman said the control panel wiring was fairly straight forward and I probably could have done it. Well, his overall price for parts/service was very favorable in comparison to any other "authorized service" repair I have had in the past, so we're happy with the final outcome. Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer my post. :)
Bill1964  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 5:02:09 PM(UTC)
Bill1964

Originally Posted by: robjcici Go to Quoted Post
This is a GE Profile built in electric oven (approx. year 1998). When oven is set to Bake at 350, it comes up to set temperature, maintains it for about 1/2 hour, then F3 error code. Replaced oven temp sensor unit. Still receiving F3 under same conditions. I think next step is to replace the oven control (ERC). Mfg. part # is WB27K5273, now referenced to new part # WB27T10265. Your item # is AP3141629 (oven control).

QUESTIONS: Is the oven control part the next step to try? The configuration of the part is different than the original, so it will probably require some custom wiring. Does the part come with a wiring diagram/instructions? If so, could I get a copy of this before I purchase the part? Thanks.

I have similar symptoms. However, no error code appears (it use to) and I have a permanent blinking "locked door" message. I would like to try to fix this myself as it is the third time in the last 5 years this has happened. We had a ge appliance repairman replace the controller twice. But it was very expensive. I, too, would like to know if it is apparent how to (re)wire the new controller before I buy it. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:39:46 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Bill,

Most likely the problem is a bad door lock, but I would recommend to order the electronic control kit because the new door lock included in this kit and price for the kit is much less than price for the clock motor, if you buy it separate.

This kit comes with the complete installation instructions and we can help you with any questions.

- The part number for the oven control kit is AP3141629

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE oven Model JTP15WW1WW

Gene.
Bill1964  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:20:11 PM(UTC)
Bill1964

Gene,

Thanks, I'll order the part and go from there.
kmoresun  
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:04:39 PM(UTC)
kmoresun

We have replaced the sensor and are still getting the error messages. F5 then F3.

The model # JRS04B0W2BB.

What do we try next?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 1:04:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

I would recommend to replace the control board next. F3 & F5 error codes are absolutely not connected between each other and that makes the control board the first failure suspect.

- The part number for the control board is AP3189149

Here are the break down diagrams for the GE oven Model JRS04BW2BB

Gene.
GE oven F3 error  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:23:34 PM(UTC)
GE oven F3 error

After measuring the resistance of the oven temp sensor at 1083 ohms, I moved on to checking the ERC (control board).

I found the male pin header connector--that connects to the temp sensor to the ECR--was wiggling and loose. After labeling all the wires to their respective locations, I was able to remove the ECR from the oven, carefully open the electronic assembly, and re-solder the header pins to the PCB.

Seems that the wires from the temp sensor to the header are somewhat short and opening the panel caused the solder joints on the header to break and become intermittent.

Thought I would pass along this fix as previous posts had helped me locate and repair the problem. Thanks to all for your help!
tgreer  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
tgreer

After reading the previous post I also traced my F3 code to a bad solder joint on the temperature sensor male pin header. Thanks for the lead!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply