Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kevin Dolezal  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 8:39:10 AM(UTC)
Kevin Dolezal

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My 6+ year old GE fridge, model # TBX21JIBRRWW, serial # SZ535306, is having problems making ice. This problem started a few years ago. It seems that the water supply tube that delivers the water through the back wall of the fridge into the ice maker in the freezer always freezes up. It will not do it automatically, but once I clean the ice out of it and reconnect it, it freezes up within a few days. Do you know if this is a design flaw or if something is not sealed correctly? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Furrball64  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:54:34 AM(UTC)
Furrball64

Groups: Registered

Kevin,

I just joined today, what I have read is to check that your supply valve is completely open. We have a Frigidaire and its about 10 years old and is having the same problem. I called my husband to tell him this information he said he thinks it totally open. If it is open, then its not working well, we will be replacing this part and that should cure our problem. Over all I can't complain since the appliance is that old. To Many people I know have Ice maker problems in about 2-3 years. Thats why I never owned one, I would buy a frig and tell them I don't want the Ice Maker. But this was in the scratch and dent, the price was right, and I thought gee, it would be nice to have an Ice maker, water despenser, Crushed Ice? I'll take it. LOL I had my parents old timey views. Good Luck!

Trish
richappy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 1:42:53 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your freezer temperature may be too low, or your condensing coils are clogged. Freezer temperature should not be lower than 5 degrees.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply