Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hat1478@aol.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 6:05:20 AM(UTC)
hat1478@aol.com

Groups: Registered

side by side 9 years old. there is water leaking from under the front left corner of the fridge. there is a small hose,(water line) right there with a connector, but the water seems to actually be coming from under fridge bottom and then drip on the hose, but it could be hose, hard to tell. it only seems to happen about once a day or every other day and I walk in to a giant puddle.havent determined yet if it happens when i hear the icemaker filling up.
need to fix and no money for repair man. havent pulled it out from the wall yet but in looking and reaching under corner it only seems to be coming from there. thanks for helping SOON.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2010 7:45:04 AM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

sounds like a clogged defrost drain. do you have ice on the floor of the freezer? the drain is likely clogged with food debris, though some get clogged with a putty that some manufacturers use to wrap around a thin capillary tube, and this putty over time can come loose and fall into the drain, or it could simply be clogged with ice. Either of the first two will have to be removed, by clearing the drain tubing, though if you try to do it by sticking a wire down the tube, you could further damage the drain system, in which case I would recommend you hire an expert refrigerator repair service. If its just clogged with ice, and unfortunately there is no way to determine this until after its cleared, but if ice is causing the issue, you will further have to install a drain heater, to prevent this ice build up from happening again.